Epilogue

Epilogue

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ryland, I'll be heading over soon. I have to last minute pack," I bite my lip. Of course, I waited till the last minute to pack for Ryland and I's road trip to Washington. I'm not a big procrastinator but when it comes to packing, I'm the worst.

Conner moved to Washington a month ago to go professional in soccer. Ryland and I planned a road trip to visit him during fall break, which officially started today.

"Are you serious?" Ryland laughs on the other line as I pull my suitcase out of my closet. "I told you not to procrastinate," she teases.

"Yes," I groan as I pull out some clothes from my drawers. "I got busy with work. You do realize that Junior year is really hard," I emphasize really.

She laughs at my response. "I do know that, Mar. I mean, I am a junior as well," she adds. "Well, I'm going to let you go so you can pack."

"Ha. Ha." I sarcastically reply. "I'll see you soon. Love you," I shake my head smiling.

"Love you, too," she replies hanging up.

I lock my phone shoving it aside on my bed. I return to my drawers and pull out more clothes filling up my suitcase. Grabbing everything I need, I shove it into my suitcase before zipping the black box up, the one I used when I first moved to California.

Man, that feels like forever ago.

I grab my phone and shove it into my back pocket before yanking my suitcase off my bed. I roll the suitcase out of my room and down the hallway towards the marble staircase.

I pick up the case by its handle and carefully make my way down the stairs. But before I can get to the bottom, my foot slips resulting in my bag tumbling down the stairs with me following in pursuit.

I knew this day was coming.

"Careful, Marley," Grandma Anne calls from the couch.

Did I mention that she moved to California after Ryland and I visited North Carolina back in the summer? Well, she did. Ryland and I convinced her to move to California because she's the only one left in North Carolina. Needless to say, she eagerly agreed and we helped her pack.

"Next time, Gram," I joke standing up at the bottom of the stair case. I rub my left arm which is sore from my fall.

My grandma just chuckles from across the room as I set my suitcase upright. I roll the bag over to the front door before walking over to the couch.

"I'm headed out, Gram. I love you," I bend down and give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you, too, sweetheart. You be safe," she squeezes my hand as I stand up.

The sound of the doorbell echoes throughout the room causing me to knit my eyebrows in confusion.

Who could that be?

"I thought you were picking Ryland up," Grandma Anne states.

"I am. I don't know who that is," I reply before walking over to the door.

I open the door revealing a brunette girl with blue eyes. She looks to be about a year or two younger than me.

"Hi, is this Richard Parker's house?" The girl asks playing with the hem of her shirt nervously.

"Yes?" My reply comes out as a question.

"I'm Dani, and I think he's my father."

author's note:

THE END

It's over! Officially over. Ahhh!

I hope you enjoyed this mess I like to call my book!

Cover by @inevitxble

I'll be posting the Q&A when I have time to do so. This epilogue is long overdue. I was away on a trip and was super busy so I had no time to upload this chapter. (:

Liked my book?

Check out my others:
•Frosty [completed]

With love,

.j