twenty-three: where am I?

⠀⠀⠀⠀My eyes struggle to open as a light shines in my eyes. I go to rub my eyes, but find that my hands are bound in front of me as well as my feet. When my eyes finally open, I find that I'm laying on a hardwood floor in a plain room.

I use what little energy I have to sit up to examine the room. The walls are painted a plain white color and a tall lamp sits in the corner near a door. My eyes roam around and land on the red head next to me.

Ryland.

"Ry," I use my bound hands to shake my best friend. "Ry," my voice comes out as a whimper. I shake her limp body pleading her to wake up.

After a few minutes, she eventually wakes up in a groggy state. Relief floods my body as I know that she's okay. It suddenly becomes easier to breathe, thankfully.

"Where am I?" She questions looking down at her bound hands and then at me. "What's going on?" Fear evident in her voice.

"I don't know where we are, but I have a feeling as to who took us," I reply helping her sit up. I glance over her shoulder to find a window shielded by blinds.

I struggle to stand up, but eventually do so balancing as my feet are bound close together. My right foot is almost completely on top of my left, and if I hadn't done gymnastics when I was younger, I'd probably be on the floor right now. Hopping over to the window, I pull down part of the blinds and blink several times as I'm met with the bright sunlight.

"What are you doing?" Ryland questions as she stands up and hops over to where I am. 

Once my eyes adjust, my eyes widen at the sight. I know exactly where we are. My mouth parts slightly as I turn to look at my best friend.

I really hope he doesn't know or is a part of this.

"Ryland," my voice hoarse. "I know where we are." My eyes still wide at the realization.

"Where?" She peeks out the window trying to decipher where we are.

"You see that house across the street?" I quiz.

She squints her eyes waiting till her eyes adjust. "Oh, yeah," she nods her head turning to look at me. "Who's house is it?"

"That's Jackson's house," I reply sitting back down as I have no energy to stand. I place my hands on the floor keeping my torso up.

"What?" She asks incredulously.

"I've never been, but he's showed me a picture before and I am certain that is his house," I pause looking up at my best friend. Guilt floods me as I'm the only reason she's in this mess. "Im sorry, Ry," I blink back my tears.

"Hush," she sits down in front of me and pushes my hair back. "We'll get out of this, okay? Somebody will notice that were gone, and they'll come looking for us." She comforts me.

What am I doing? I am stronger than this.

"You're right. We are going to get out of this, and I will find a way for us to get out," I reply looking at the ropes around her wrist.