part two

We follow my mom downstairs to get lunch. Well, I am. Justin is behind me. I know he's behind me, but for some reason I feel a stare. Like a deep stare from someone. I turn around and he quickly lifts his head up from what he was staring at, which seemed to be my butt?

I shake my head shaking the thought out. He wouldn't be, maybe he was just staring at the floor, watching where he walked.

We get to the kitchen table and sit down to eat. As we're eating, my mom asks what we were talking about in my room. Justin explains and my mom just smiles and says that's good.

"Mom, I'm finished eating. I'm gonna go finish unpacking," I tell her.

"Okay sweety, I'm gonna run to the store to get some things for the house cause it needs some things to show that women live here now and not just a man," she says.

Justin looks at her and laughs, "oh so my things aren't good?"

"No honey, that's not what I said. It just needs some....pizazz," she says.

"Pizazz? Yea okay," he says laughing.

"You staying here or coming with me babe?" She asks Justin.

"I'll stay here and unpack your things while you're out so when you get back, you can do all the 'pizazz' you want to this place" he says.

"Okay, well see y'all later then. Love y'all," she says walking out of the door.

Justin looks over to me. I stare at him, trying to wonder what he's thinking about. He's so hard to read, so I just give up. But I know he's thinking about something. I just leave and go up to my room and do what I told my mom I was gonna do.

While I'm in my room, I feel someone else's presence so I turn around to see if anyone's there and sure enough, there's Justin leaned against my door frame.

"Can I help you?" I ask him.

"Nope, just watching you unpack, that's all," he says as if it was just normal to watch me.

"Oh yea, cause that totally doesn't sound creepy at all. If you wanted to watch, you could've just asked. I mean then at least I could've invited you in and I'd know instead of me feeling weird with someone behind me," I say.

He chuckles a bit then comes in and sits on my bed. I look at him for a sec, then just continue to put things up where they belong.

"So, didn't you tell my mom you were gonna unpack and put up her things?" I asked him.

"It's done," he says.

"Already?" I ask surprised.

"What can I say? I move fast," he says.

I glare at him for a moment, then turn around to put my clothes in my closet and drawer.
Justin stands up and starts to look around at the stuff I've already put out. Looking at the pictures on my wall and night stand of me and my friends and family.

"You have beautiful pictures," he states.

"Thank you," I say.

"No I mean really, they almost look professional. You ever thought about becoming a photographer?" He asks.

"Sometimes I think about it, but I don't think I really have the potential," I admit.

"Are you kidding me? You're great! Hey, maybe I can talk to someone and get you into the photography business" he says.

"Really? You could do that?" I ask.

He smirks then says, "sure, under one condition."

I hesitate to answer, but then ask, "which is?"

"That you stop giving me attitude all the time and we actually become friends. I know you don't wanna calls me 'dad' and I wouldn't even try to make you, but can we at least be friends and get along?" He asks.

I think for a minute. That's actually not so bad...maybe I'll give him a chance. "Okay deal," I finally say.

"Cool," he says and smiles.

"Cool," I repeat. "So we still goin muddin tomorrow?" I add.

"Of course. I told you we would, so we will," he says.

"Okay good," I say smiling.

He smiles too, then we hear my mom's car pull up to the driveway.

"Well, sounds like your mom is here. I better go help her bring the stuff in," he says leaving.

"Okay," I say.

Muddin, photography job, and become friends? Not so bad. I think to myself.