part three

Victoria's POV

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I wake up to my alarm clock going off at 9am. I raise up outta bed and opening my curtains, letting the sunlight shine through. I turn to my dresser and pick out my outfit for today. Nothin special, just some jean shorts and a T-shirt with boots, since we're just gonna get dirty all day.

As I'm undressing, I hear the lawn mower running so I step up to my window to see who it was. I look down and see it's Justin. Mowing the grass, shirtless...hm, he actually looks good like that. No wonder mom likes him so much.

Stop bein stupid. Quit, you're not supposed to think of your mom's new soon to be husband like that! I tell myself.

I keep watching him. The way his muscles flex while pushing the lawn mower, beads of sweat running down his body making it glisten in the morning sunlight. I get so caught up daydreaming, I didn't notice he looked up at me.

He kind of chuckled but bit his lip some as he noticed I was in the window without a shirt on, just my bra. My eyes widened realizing how I was dressed, and I quickly shut the curtain.

Oh my gosh, he saw me in my bra! I'm so dumb. Why was I staring at him and daydreaming in the first place? What the heck? It's so weird.

After I finish getting dressed, I throw my hair up and grab my phone and slide it into my back pocket and go downstairs. It was now 9:30am and my mom was just finishing up breakfast.

"Good mornin honey. Isn't it a beautiful Saturday!? The birds are chirping, the sun is out not hiding behind the clouds. It's beautiful!" My mom exclaims.

What's gotten into her? She's usually never this ha-...she must've got some last night. I mean why else would she be in such a good mood?...oh gosh, why did I have to even think of that?

"Yea sure, mom. Um, aren't you gonna get ready?" I ask her.

"Oh I'm not goin honey. I figured you and Justin can go by yourselves without me. Have y'all bond some more," she says.

"But mom, you love muddin," I say.

"I know hun, but I'm just gonna have a relaxing day today," she says grabbing her coffee cup and heading out to the patio in the back.

Alrighty then. Well, better go get Justin to help me loaf up the four wheelers.

As I'm walking outside to the backyard, to get the four wheelers out of the shed, I pass mom and Justin makin out.

*Ugh um* I clear my throat and they quit.

"Justin, can you help me?" I ask.

"Oh um yea, Victoria. Sure, and babe, I hope you have a good day," he tells mom kissing her forehead.

"So uh, what do you need help with?" Justin asks me.

"Loading up the four wheelers in the truck," I tell him.

"Okay...well there's a pink and a blue one. I'm guessing the pink one is yours?" He asks.

"Nope, it's yours," I say smiling.

"What?" He asks.

"The pink one is mom's, but since she's not goin and you don't have one, you'll use hers," I say

"You sure you can't take the pink one?" He asks me.

"Haha no. Mom hates hers to go too fast, and I'm the total opposite. So, I upgraded my camshaft, put a big bore kit in the engine, and put a high performance radiator to make mine go faster. So uh, no thanks on riding hers," I laugh.

He looks at me with wide eyes, "how'd you know to do all that?"

"I'm good like that," I wink and laugh.

"Ha oh really?" He mumbles under his breath, thinking I couldn't hear him.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Oh nothing," he says.

I roll my eyes and we hop in the truck and drive to the lake. Time for some fun!