2

A certain Nekoma volleyball player~

"Hurry up, Haruka-chan, I'll be late!" I cried, tapping my foot impatiently by the doorway and constantly checking my watch.

"Alright, alright, alright! I'm coming already, relax, niichan!" came a muffled voice, and I huffed in annoyance.

"You've been saying that for the past ten minutes!"

"...I'm here!"

I let out a relieved sigh as a my little brunette sister raced down the stairs, her short curly hair flapping behind her.

"Mom, we're leaving!" I called out.

"Have fun at school, both of you!"

Waving back to my mother as we stepped out, I proceeded to drag my sister towards the train station, wishing she could walk a bit faster. "If we're both late, this is your fault, Haru-chan!"

"Gomen," she replied, giving me an innocent smile as we boarded the train.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, leaning back against the chair. "Haaah, my first tardy of the year..."

There was a short silence.

"I'll be quicker next time, I promise!" Haru bit her lip, tugging at my shirt.

And, despite everything, I couldn't help but smile as I looked down at her. She hated it when I was annoyed with her, after all.

And so, as a way of comforting her, I gently pat her head. "As long as you know, Haru-chan..."

I checked my watch as we arrived at the stop, and we quickly got off the train and raced to her school.

"Alright---you need to hurry, okay? Your bell will ring any second now---"

Riiiiiing!

Haru looked at me sheepishly, and I let out a sigh.

"Have a great day at school, okay, Haru-chan?" I called out as she ran off.

"Thank you, oniichan!"

I exhaled slowly and checked my watch. Three minutes until the tardy bell.

Maybe I can make it... Volleyball training, please don't fail me now!

I dashed towards the direction of my school, which, thankfully, was not that far from here, and skidded to a stop once I reached my classroom.

I took a deep breath and knocked lightly on the door, timidly pushing it open---but by this time, I knew that I was most definitely late.

Harada-sensei looked at me in surprise, scanning my pale face as I caught my breath. "What happened to you?"

I stepped in and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. "G-gomennasai, Harada-sensei! My sister took too long getting ready, and I had to drop her off..."

My teacher looked at me for a minute, then pointed to my seat. "Since this is your first time being late, I will excuse you. Don't do it again."

"Y-yes, sensei..." I sighed as I slipped into my seat beside a certain middle blocker, who was snickering at me.

"The great straight-As teacher's pet is actually late~" he hummed softly under his breath, a smirk on his face.

"Oh, shut up," I muttered, embarrassed as I got my books out.