4.5

Yaku Morisuke

We ended up leaving the house after lunch, taking the train to the usual mall Haru and I go to.

"Haru-chan, if you get lost---"

"I won't, niichan, stop worryingg!" the brunette replied, almost exasperated.

"You're wandering around too much, and this mall is really crow---"

"Onii-chan!"

I huffed indignantly. "Alright, alright!"

"You're so overprotective, Yaku!" Kuroo laughed.

"I just don't want anything to happen to her," I mumbled.

"How sweet~"

"Kenma-niisan! There's a gaming shop over thereee!" Haru cried out, once again letting go of my hand and bouncing up and down, pointing to the right.

"The influence you have on her, Kenma..."

"Can we go, can we go, can we go~?? Pleaaseee oniichan?" Haru repeatedly tugged on the hem of my shirt, giving me a pleading look.

"Well..." I bit my lip and looked at Kenma. "You'll make sure nothing happens to her, alright?"

He nodded silently, and Haru squealed.

"Yes!!! Arigato~!"

Kuroo smirked at me and crossed his arms.

"...what?"

"Oh, nothing~" he chuckled to himself.

It was something.

"I'll be going with the two videogame fanatics, so enjoy~"

I paled as I watched them walk off.

He definitely had something planned.

"Thank God he's gone," Konimi muttered under her breath, and I looked at her, surprised. She hadn't said a word since we left the house.

I couldn't help but smile. "You really have something against him, huh..."

"So do you."

"Well, not really. He's generally a great guy, but he just teases everyone too much it gets on my nerves."

There was a silence.

"So...! I take it I'm supposed to help you shop and all..." I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. "I'm not really... the right person for that..."

"Of course not," she said, a trace of a smile on her lips.

She's been a lot more at ease lately... I'm glad...

"You don't have to do much."

I smiled, relieved. "Okay..."

◈◈◈

I blinked as she came out of the store with only a few shopping bags. "That's... it?"

I was expecting so much more...

She gave me a weird look. "Nekoma has uniforms, right? I only need a few stuff. It's just a month."

"Y-yeah, okay..."

I guess she really is different. Whenever Naomi forces me to come with her, she buys a lot from multiple stores...

"So, um, we're done?"