22

rip, free time doesn't seem to come easily anymore >^<

Third person

Wow... I've never been to one of these before...

That was the first thought that entered Cosette's head when she followed Kenma inside the ballroom.

It's beautiful.

The music had just started, and Kuroo spotted them easily.

"Hey, you two! Kenma, Konimi!"

The two second-years turned.

"...do you have to show up as soon as we arrive?" Kenma sighed, faking irritation.

"Ouch," Kuroo said, though he was grinning. "Sorry if I was interrupting your alone time."

"...you really don't sound sorry at all."

"Just returning the favor~~"

"Etto... it's alright, I don't mind," Cosette said after a moment, causing both of them to look at her in surprise.

"You... don't?" Kenma blinked.

"Are you okay?" Kuroo peered at her.

"...why are you acting like it's the most unusual thing you've heard?"

"I thought you still hated me."

"And I thought I made it clear to you yesterday that I don't."

"So! Can I call you by your first na---"

"Zettai ni. I already said no," Cosette narrowed her eyes.

Kenma looked amusedly at both of them, shaking his head.

"Haah, you seriously scare me sometimes," Kuroo sighed, then let out a rare, genuine smile, "but I won't deny that you look great tonight."

The blonde's expression softened considerably. "...thank you."

Kuroo leaned against the wall. "Anyway, what took you so long? You got here pretty late."

"...we got lost," Kenma said monotonously.

"What?"

"He said we got lost," Cosette repeated. "This place isn't easy to find, you know?"

Many people were already dancing in the middle of the room, but Cosette recognized nobody there.

"With that said... did Sei---I mean, Onishi-san come?" she said, directing the question at the third-year.

"I don't think so, no," he shrugged. "Honestly, I'm a little disappointed she turned out to be such a---"

"Kuro, if you're going to curse, I'd rather you don't," Kenma interrupted.

"Sorry."

"I think she's just confused," Cosette said after a while. "I don't know whether she's really a good person or if she isn't, but, if Naomi is right... she's just way too jealous for her own good."

"Well, in any case, I expected better of her," Kuroo shrugged, just as the music stopped.

A specific redhead appeared on stage, and Kuroo, Kenma, and Cosette looked at each other.

Speak of the devil.

"Nani nani? What's going on?"

"The music just stopped..."

"Look! There's someone on stage."

"It's two people!"

"What are they doing?"