15

Third person (this is becoming normal haha)

Academics---something Cosette never bothered about, especially Japanese literature.

So it's no surprise that, when it came to her first history exam, saying that her score was "low" would have been an understatement.

"Ehhh?!" Naomi peered at the blonde's test paper. "That's a failing grade!"

A big red 17 out of 50 was marked on her paper.

"...I know."

"But I thought..."

Cosette looked boredly at her friend. This was nothing new to her. If anything, the only subject she was remotely good at and didn't fail in was geometry--- and she hardly got to 90s even then.

"Konimi?" Kenma caught her attention. "You never said you struggled with studies..."

She shrugged. "I never bother. Nobody's here to correct me, anyway."

And I kind of can't.

"But.. but the semester exams are coming up!"

"Your point?"

Naomi sighed in exasperation. "Don't you care about your grades at all?"

"No. They're just numbers."

"Err... some say you could get kicked out if you fail more than one semester exam..." Kenma said quietly. "Or at least get an academic contract."

And I really wouldn't want that... he thought to himself.

"Oh, I've read about those! If you get three of them, you get kicked out, right?"

"Yeah..."

Cosette frowned, her two classmates now having her full attention.

"I don't like studying," she said flatly.

The only reason she happened to be fairly okay at geometry was the very fact that it didn't really require studying at all. She had been well-trained in the subject since she was little; it came easily to her.

She only got to 80s because of the word problems involved--- when it came to writing and understanding comprehension in Japanese, she was utterly helpless, even if she can speak okay.

"Well, what did Akiyama-sensei say to you? I mean, you were called, right?"

"Oh. Yeah."

"And?"

"Well... I have a tutor."

Naomi's eyes widened. "Really?! Who is it? They'd be in our year, right?"

"According to Akiyama-sensei, they had to be from third year."

"So? Who is it?"

Cosette blew a strand of hair from her face, looking away. She didn't want to have to mention it, but it was inevitable.

"Kuroo," she sighed, irritation obvious in her tone.

The ravenette's jaw dropped; she was expecting someone else entirely. "E-ehh?! Kuroo-san?! A tutor?!"

Kenma, however, didn't seem surprised. "He might not look it, but he has good grades," he said nonchalantly.

But Yaku-san is still better in the academics area. Why wasn't he chosen?

"N-not Mori-kun...?" Naomi blinked, as if reading the setter's mind.

"That would've been easier for me," Cosette sighed, "but he has his own things to deal with. Kai, Seira, and Ayame aren't academically good enough for tutoring."