6

Third Person

"It's unusual to get two new students in the same class, consecutively, but, we have a returning student!" the homeroom teacher of class 2-C smiled, opening the door.

A bubbly raven-haired girl skipped inside and wrote her name on the chalkboard, causing a certain half-Japanese to gasp.

"Hi everyone! I'm Suzuki Naomi! I hope we'll get along well!"

Konimi Cosette let out an exasperated sigh that she hoped went unnoticed by her classmates. Why does she always turn up everywhere?

"It's certainly great to have you in this class. There's a free seat behind Kenma and Konimi, right over there."

Naomi's dark brown eyes landed on Cosette's green ones, and there was a pause.

It was obvious that Cosette wasn't happy to see her at all.

◈◈◈

"Konimi-san!"

The blonde in question tensed at the voice as she gathered her things once the bell rang, but turned around nonetheless. "What?"

"I don't know what you have against me, but I hope we can push that aside and become friends."

Cosette sighed at how straightforward the girl was, and slung her shoulder bag over her shoulder, not bothering to give a reply.

Kozume Kenma gave a short glance at Naomi, then his eyes traveled back to Cosette, silently wondering how they knew each other. But of course, he made no move to say anything, and slid out of the classroom without being noticed.

Naomi, however, didn't seem to want to give up that easily. "So do you have any club meetings at the moment?"

"Music."

"Oh! I'm taking drama! What a coincidence, we have the same meeting!"

I wouldn't think so.

Cosette's irritation towards Naomi was growing by the second, and she had to keep herself from snapping at her.

"Our meetings today are both in the auditorium, right?"

"Yeah."

Naomi seemed to have taken the point, and they walked to the auditorium in silence.

"Oh! You two are here!" Akiyama-sensei brightened when they arrived, directing Naomi to the drama club's advisor, Kaito-sensei, since they were currently holding auditions for Les Miserables.

She guided Cosette towards the cluster of two students by the stage and cleared her throat.

The girls looked up.

"Girls, this is the newest addition to our music club, Konimi Cosette. She's a new student in my homeroom class."

Onishi Seira, a girl with long dark red hair tied into a high ponytail, raised an eyebrow. "She's already accepted? You didn't hold any auditions for her."

"Well, Konimi did sing when she applied, and she has a beautiful voice. I accepted her in."

"Oh! But... are you still going to sing for us too?" the second girl with short brown hair, Honda Ayame, said hopefully, looking at Cosette, who had been silent this whole time.

"She's participating in the auditions, right?" the red-head added.

"Ah, well, no. I've cast her the role of her namesake, Cosette."