20

Weww 20th chapter :0

Third Person

"Well, you know about the dance, don't you?"

"Yeah..."

"Then go ahead and ask her!" Kuroo pushed his best friend forward, nodding towards a specific blonde as she walked out of the music room. 

"Who said I was going to the dance?"

"I did! Kenma, you'll regret the chances you didn't take."

"...I guess so, but... I don't really think I should..."

"Well, why not---"

Kenma shot a look at his friend, and the two fell silent as none other than their own team libero approached her.

"I'm almost one-hundred percent sure," Kenma muttered, "that Yaku-san's going to ask her."

"How would you be sure?" Kuroo raised an eyebrow. "And shouldn't that just make you want to ask her even more? You know, before he does."

"Well..."

"C'mon, you're being negative." The middle blocker nudged his friend, cupped his hands, and called out. "Oi, Yaku!"

Irritation clearly showed on the said third-year's face as he turned towards them. "Really, Kuroo?"

"Ah," Cosette acknowledged the two, "hi."

"Konimi, come with me for a minute, leave these two to sort out things."

"...sort out? I wasn't aware something happened with them."

"It's a long story."

"Kuro---" Kenma began, but his voice trailed off.

"What? I'm not coming with you. Why would I? I'll just go look for Naomi."

Kuroo stared defeatedly after the half-Japanese as she easily slipped past them to look for her friend.

Geez, I wanted to talk to her, too. She's avoiding it too much.

"Ah, well," he sighed, "that can't be helped. I'll leave you two. Kenma, talk to him. About everything."

Yaku looked concernedly at his kouhai as Kuroo walked away. "Kenma? Is something wrong?"

The said second-year let out a long, somewhat tired, sigh, and looked at the ground. "The dance. For the premier. Are you asking anyone...?"

"Th-this is sudden... I'm not sure if I am..."

"...you're not asking her, then? Konimi," Kenma glanced up, and Yaku's eyes widened with realization when he saw a glimmer of hope in his otherwise emotionless eyes.

That... explains a lot... Yaku thought, his expression softening.

"Kenma... you like her, don't you?"

Kenma didn't reply, but the hint of pink on his cheeks told Yaku all he needed to know.

Smiling, the libero lightly punched Kenma's shoulder.

"Then you should go ask her. Why are you so concerned about me?"

Letting out another sigh, the second-year finally looked directly at him. "Yaku-san. Do you not like her?"

"Wha---?!"

"...nevermind. But if it's okay with you, then I will ask her."

Yaku opened his mouth to say something, but didn't, as Kenma had already turned around and walked away.