3

"Great game, everyone!" coach Nekomata grinned heartily.

Yaku glanced at the blonde second-year sitting beside him, her chin resting on her hand. He couldn't help but smile lightly at her neutral expression.

It had been a long practice. Lev, as usual, had messed up big-time, and the team's usually calm setter seemed genuinely pissed.

He's trying too hard, Yaku thought, almost amusedly. There's always total harm in thinking everything should be perfect.

"Lev," coach Naoi stated, his eyes on the tall half-Russian. "Please work on your recieves."

He sighed sheepishly. "I-I know, sorry..."

"Yaku---"

"Yes, coach. I'll help him."

"And Kenma, please continue tossing to him. He needs to sync."

Kenma let out a huff, "That's impossible."

"Eh?! But---"

Coach Naoi cleared his throat, and all became silent. "The rest of you, you did a great job today, I'm proud."

"I want you to keep in mind the bitterness of losing the inter-high," coach Nekomata said, his cheerful expression now stern. "And I want you all to grow from it. Understand?"

"Yes!"

The gym door slid open, and they all turned to look at it.

"Ah, hello, volleyball club," the headmistress said warmly, walking in, though the team all visibly tensed up, intimidated by her presence.

Her eyes seemed to wander to Cosette's, and she made her way to the half-Japanese. "Made your decision, Konimi?"

Yaku frowned slightly, observing the two. Descision?

"Yes."

"That's wonderful."

Cosette took in a deep breath.

"I'm... I... I'll stay," she muttered, glancing away, albeit perfectly aware of everyone's curious stares.

The headmistress only gave a simple nod, by now having everyone's full attention. "And... have you chosen who to stay with?"

The blonde stayed silent, and question marks filled Yaku's head.

He watched as a sense of understanding seemed to pass on Shizuka-san's face, and she scanned the volleyball team.

"One of these, huh," she muttered.

What...?

Kuroo cleared his throat, and Yaku saw Cosette give a slight sideways glare at him. "Considering the fact that we're boys... wouldn't that be... oh, I don't know, awkward?"

"Well, yes..." Shizuka-san frowned. "But..."

"I know how to take care of myself, Kuroo," Cosette snapped, causing the libero to sweatdrop.