10

Third Person

"So," Yaku smiled as they all piled out of the cafeteria after the grandest breakfast Cosette has ever had. "How was it? Your seventeenth birthday party."

"More like... my ninth," the blonde said wryly. "But it was... well... it means a lot."

"Ninth?"

"I haven't celebrated since then."

Yaku knew that tone of voice well, and he didn't press any further. He didn't dare.

"Cosette-chan~!"

The said blonde turned at the familliar voice. "Ah, Naomi."

"I'll go ahead, alright? Happy birthday, Konimi-san!" Yaku smiled at her, then took after his team. "Matte! Don't just leave me!"

"You're the one who decided to spend some alone time with your beloved!" Kuroo called, barely glancing back. "Your fault!"

The libero groaned, completely red. "Idiot! I did not! And Cos---Konimi is, for goodness sake, just a friend!"

Cosette held back a smile at his seemingly flustered state; he was so easy for Kuroo to provoke.

Naomi caught up to her. "I know we weren't all able to get your gifts so suddenly, but Ayame-chan, Seira-chan, and I managed to make you this. It's not much, but... happy birthday, alright?"

Cosette's eyes widened as she opened the small box to find a purple-and-black braided friendship bracelet.

"We all have one," Naomi explained, grinning.

"Thank you, Naomi... for planning this, and, well, everything. It... it means a lot."

The raven-haired girl let out a contented sigh. "I'm glad," she said. "Friends?"

Cosette paused, then slipped on the braceled. "Friends," she said quietly.

I hope the risks I'm taking are worth it, mom...

◈◈◈

"Miyahara!"

A petite girl with short milk-brown hair and round square-framed glasses looked up from her computer screen, startled. "Y-yes, Mizuki-sensei!"

"Get over here, please."

"O-of course!"

The seemingly shy girl scurried towards the strict Shinzen Production advisor, who pointed to a specific blonde annd raven-haired girl. "You'll be working on the wardrobe for these two, who are the leading female roles in the whole thing: Cosette and Eponine."

Miyahara Yume nodded.

"Girls, I will leave you with her. Introduce yourselves to each other, that is not my duty. I trust you will be well."

"Of course!" Naomi smiled. "Thank you, Mizuki-sensei!"

"Our pleasure to be working with your team," Cosette nodded her head as politely as possible.

"Yes, yes, carry on." And Mizuki-sensei left without another word.

"Ah, phew, she left!" Yume let out a sigh of relief. "She scares me half to death."

Not so shy after all... Cosette and Naomi thought.

"Is she always like that?" Naomi tilted her head.

"...yeah. A-ah! Sorry to keep you waiting or anything like that! I-I'm Miyahara Yume! Y-you know, to help you out with wardrobe and hair and makeup, and, ah, those stuff. Mainly. I think Mizuki-sensei meant I'm with you two throughout the production..." her voice trailed off. "U-um, I hope we'll get along well!" the girl bowed.