chapter eleven

I come home and Luke is the first person I see. The only person I see too.

"Where is my mum?"

"She had to leave for a business trip."

"Oh and we are married now, she rushed it because she wanted me to officially be your new dad before she left." he shrugs, clearly not caring.

"Oh."

I walk upstairs to put my bag down and take my shoes off. I walk back downstairs to see Luke on his phone.

I quietly walk behind him to see what he's doing. Only to have him lock his phone and turn around.

"Need something." he says

"Um no."

He rolls his eyes and I walk around to the couch, I lay down on the other end curled up in a ball.

"Cold?" he asks me

"Yes but I'm fine."

Next thing I know he grabs my foot and pulls me to his end of the couch.

"Come here." he pats his lap gently, gesturing for me to sit in it.

I hesitate at first but think nothing of it.

I crawl into his lap and snuggle into his chest as he wraps his arms around me. His body heat radiating onto me. He presses his lips to my forehead softly leaving me frozen.

"please don't do this to me." I whisper

"do what?"

"corrupt my heart."

He falls quiet and just continues to hold me until I drift to sleep in his arms.

In my sleep I feel movement, my eyes open but fall closed again. In between each flutter I see Luke's face and the ceiling.

"Go back to sleep." he whispers as I hear a door open. Soon my body being placed on a comfy surface and my eyes finally closing once again.

"Goodnight." I hear Luke say as the door shuts and I slip away into a peaceful sleep.