chapter sixteen

Unknown number:

hiii, it's the pizza boy. :-)

Me:

well hi pizza boy. do you have a name?

Unknown number:

Calum, sorry I didn't tell you.

Me:

it's okay :-)

Calum:

could we maybe go see a movie or something?

Me:

sure! :-)

Calum:

okay, cool. well I gtg duty calls. ;-)

Me:

byeeeee.

Calum.

I like that name, it's different.

"Hi." Luke says awkwardly as he stands in my doorway.

"Hi." I bluntly reply.

"Look I'm sorry about last night. I just, I got jealous."

"why? you are my step father. you shouldn't be jealous."

"I'm not your step father anymore, I'm just a guardian until you turn 18."

"Well still." I feel my body tense up as if he's going to get angry or something.

"Shut up." he speed walks over and grabs me by the back of the head, crashing his lips into mine.

I tug at his blonde locks as he kisses me deeper.

A mixture of anger and lust washes over me. Suddenly all I want is him.

He pulls away from me, his cheeks flushed and lips pink.

"I don't want anyone else kissing you. You're mine."

I sit in shock at what he just said and find myself speechless.

Luke crawls into my bed and lays down, grabbing me by the waist to follow him.

I find his cologne intoxicating. It's a smell you can't find anywhere else and I love it.

I bury myself in the crook of his neck as he wraps me up in his arms.

"Luke."

"Hm?"

"You know we can't be together right?"

"Why not?"

"Because it's weird having you go from my dad to my boyfriend and plus, you're a little older. I'm still very young. We have lives we need to live, Luke."

"Why are you saying this? A few months ago when we met you wouldn't have thought twice if I asked you on a date."

"Because I look at you and see my mom." I tear up at the thought.

"I'm sorry I have to go." I get up and grab my shoes and keys as I run downstairs and out the door.

Laney isn't home so I don't know where to go.

Wait, Calum.

I dial his number into my phone as I pull out of the driveway.

"Hello?"

"Hi Calum, um I kinda need to get out of my house so..would you care if I came to yours?"

"not at all, I'll send you my address."

We hang up and seconds later his address pops up on my screen. I drive for what seems like an hour but that was because I got lost a few times.

I pull up to an apartment complex and see Calum outside already.

Luckily he lives on the first floor so no stairs for me.

"Hey."

"Hi." I softly say. I walk up and notice him smoking a cigarette.

"Are you okay?" he gestures towards the chair next to him for me to sit.

"It's complicated, but no."

"Oh. Well you are more than welcome to hang out here or whatever." he gives me a chinky smile.

"Thank you." I smile back at him, feeling better already.

"You wanna go inside?"

"Sure."

We both get up and walk into his cozy apartment. Bass guitars sit to one side of the room and video games on the other.

"Welcome to my place." he laughs and blushes.

"I like it, it's nice."

I walk around and sit on the couch, Calum following right behind me. When he sits down I scoot closer and cuddle his arm.

"You sure you don't wanna talk about it?" he asks

"Yeah, just comfort me. Please." I slightly beg him as I look up into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Sure, anything for you." he smiles softly at me and the rest of the night was silent.