chapter twenty five

I wake up to the warmth of another body. My lips creep up into a smile as I roll over to look at the beautiful creature next to me.

"Good morning." I whisper as Luke's eyes slowly flutter open.

"Hi." he whispers back.

I lay there and look at him, getting lost in his eyes. I realize I've thrown my life away just to fall in love with him. I don't regret it, sometimes I question myself because of our on and off moments, but I really do love him.

"Ive got to go to work, I'll probably be late tonight so don't wait up on me."

"Okay." I look down a little and feel his lips make contact with my forehead. He shifts around and gets up. Changing his clothes quickly, fixing his hair, and sliding in his shoes.

He leaves without saying another word, leaving me in the silence.

My phone buzzes as an unexpected name pops up, Laney. I haven't seen or talked to her in months.

"Hello." I say quietly.

"So you're alive? good. Can you come over? I miss you and I want to talk to you."

"Sure I'll be over soon." I half smile as I hang up and start getting ready.

As I'm getting ready my phone buzzes once again.

"Jesus Laney."

I look to see its a calandra alert.

'Daddy's birthday 💛💛'

Oh my god. I forgot it's his birthday. I didn't even tell him happy birthday.

"Fuck." I quickly dial his number.

"Hello?"

"Call out of work."

"What??"

"Call in sick please. It's important."

He hangs up quickly, leaving me confused.

I text Laney to let her know there's a change of plans. I run to my room and rummage through my closet, not even entirely sure that Luke is coming home.

I pull out a box from the back and take the lid off carefully. Revealing the most beautiful lingerie I've ever seen. I remember a while back I bought it as just something to spice up our sex life, but I never got a chance to use them considering we haven't exactly had sex in awhile. 

I quickly change into the delicate fabric, tracing my fingers over the lace around the edges. it's all black, just how I like my clothes. I hear the door open downstairs and I slightly panic.

I've never let him see me this way, maybe it's a bad idea. maybe I should just put my sweatpants back on. This was a bad idea-

"Hey baby girl, what's so-" he stops mid sentence when he sees me.

"oh my." his eyes fill with lust as he carefully looks at my body.

"I uh-" I lose my words, I'm speechless that he's seen me in such a vulnerable state.

So I do the unthinkable. I walk up to him and kiss him lightly at first, then the hormones course through him as he kisses me deeper. He carefully puts his hands on my waist as he pulls my hips to meet his.

He breaks away for a second to look at me again.

"Happy birthday daddy." I smile at him as he smiles back.