12;

Family Bonding?

@itscarterbitch: Goodnight Lia, I know it's only 8 but I won't be able to message you until tomorrow sorry

@maliatate: Night 😊 Don't get into too much trouble

Carter chuckled lightly as she read Malia's message, shutting off her phone and tossing it on her bed. "We'll see."

"Carter?" Her mother poked her head into her room, tying we hair up. "We're leaving in ten, make sure you have everything together."

"Yeah, okay." She sighed, grabbing her new combat boots and pulling them on, tying the laces tightly. Her mom walked over and sat next to her, putting a hand on her knee.

"You're not backing out, are you?" She asked, Carter giving her a short shake if the head. "Your father and I sent you to your grandparents to give you a break and let you be a normal teenager, but now-"

"I know." Carter cut her off, squatting next to her bed and pulling out a heavy black trunk. "It's our family responsibility, I'm not backing out."

"Now you sound like a Bradburry." Her mother grinned, bending next to her and unlocking one of the sides, Carter getting the other. They both opened it together, the lid being exceptionally heavy. "Pick your poison sweetheart."

Carter surveyed the inventory of guns, knives, and tazers, running her fingers over the cool metals. She finally decided on a glock 43 and a tazer, slamming it shut and shoving it under the bed.

"No daggers tonight?" She joked, raising an eyebrow. Carter just shrugged and grabbed her jacket, sliding the weapons into the discreet pockets on the inside.

"Cooper just got new knives for Christmas and he wanted to break them in without me showing off." She looked up as a horn honked, sliding on her jacket and shutting off her light. "Let's go."

They quickly made their way outside, her mother kissing her younger sister on the head as they left. Carter sucked in a breath at the cold before jogging towards the SUV, sliding into one of the middle seats, the other one already occupied.

"Hey, jackass." Carter grinned, punching him in the arm. Cooper grabbed at it jokingly before elbowing her back, a smirk on his face.

"I was getting worried you were gonna to ditch me for the life of a normal teenage girl." Cooper joked, the girl rolling her eyes in return. Cooper had been Carter's best friend since she was 6 months old, and he was almost two.

"Please," The thin brunette snorted as they took off down the road, not even bothering to buckle her seatbelt as they jostled around. "Most girls I know get a BMW and a party for their 16th birthday. I got a brand new assault rifle and my first hunting trip, I doubt I could ever go back to being a normal teenage girl."

"Good." He sighed, zipping up his jacket. "It was getting boring without you."

"As if this could ever be boring, Coop." Carter scoffed as they pulled up to the edge of the woods. She cocked her gun and smiled at him through the dark, her parents unlocking the car and getting out. "Now let's go kick some werewolf ass."

___________________________

Not edited

HOW DO YALL FEEL

I SAID IT WAS A PLOT TWIST BRENDA + SARAH

Vote and Comment ❤️

Xx