32;

Wolves In The Night

@maliatate: I miss you

@maliatate: I miss your face

@maliatate: I miss having you play with my hair

@maliatate: I miss playing with your hair

@maliatate: I miss the fact that you smell like candy

@maliatate: I miss you complaining when I ruin your lipstick

@maliatate: I miss ruining your lipstick on purpose

@maliatate: I miss watching you do your makeup

@maliatate: I miss making you nervous

@maliatate: I just miss you a lot.

@itscarterbitch: hey wow

@itscarterbitch: Goodmorning to you too babe

@maliatate: sorry

@itscarterbitch: don't be ❤️

@itscarterbitch: it actually made me feel a lot better

@maliatate: why what's wrong

@itscarterbitch: it's fine Lia

@maliatate: no

@maliatate: tell me

@itscarterbitch: I have to go hunting tonight

@itscarterbitch: It feels a lot different

@itscarterbitch: idk how I feel but it feels a lot different

@maliatate: why?

@itscarterbitch: maybe my girlfriend it the thing I usually hunt?

@maliatate: oh yeah huh

@itscarterbitch: dork

● ● ●

Carter coughed into her elbow as she jogged downstairs, still getting over her cold. She could hear her and Cooper's families talking as she zipped up her jacket, finally reaching the bottom.

"What fresh hell is this?" Carter snapped, staring at her mother with wide eyes. "And yes, I did in fact just quote Chanel Oberlin, it was necessary Cooper don't you dare."

"I agree with you completely." Cooper muttered, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall, hitting his head lightly on the plaster. "This is insane."

"Seriously mom?" Carter blinked wildly, waving her arms around as she searched for her words. "Why? She's-she is thirteen years old!"

"She started her training at eight." Met mom shrugged, adding another arrow to her younger sister's quiver. "Besides, she came with us while you and Cooper were visiting your friends."

"I didn't go on my first trip until I was sixteen!" She hissed, gesturing towards her little sister, Jade, who had stayed silent the whole time. "I'm the opposite of okay with this."

"We're going after the pack that's been causing trouble along the Portland borders," Her mother sighed, looking at her sternly. "We need as much help as we can get."

"I don't care, this isn't-"

"Carter." Jade spoke up, grabbing her wrist to get her attention. "I can do this."
● ● ●

Carter pulled back and shot another flash arrow, blinding the beta that Cooper was fighting off. They had lost their parents and Jade earlier, but she knew the young girl should be okay with the adults.

While the beta was blinded, Cooper was able to get the syringe full of Wolfsbane into his neck, his blue eyes flashing before going unconscious.

"That should give us time for the transport van to-" They both turned around when a sharp scream filled the air, cutting off Carter's words. "Jade."

Before Cooper could object she took off, running in the direction of the scream. Dodging branches and jumping over roots she finally made it to where her parents were, crouching over a smaller body.

"What's going on?" Carter asked shakily, pushing Cooper's aunt away as she tried to pull her back. "Mom."

Her mother looked up with tears in her eyes, her body shifted so Carter could see the damage. Jade's eyes were closed and her chest was rising and falling slowly, but it didn't matter they she was alive right then.

Because the bite on her bicep already sentenced her death.

________________________

Not edited.

SORRY IVE JUST HAD THIS PLANNED FOR SO LONG OOPS

LOVE YOU ALL

Vote and comment ❤️

Xx