17;

Forgive And Forget

Carter twisted her fingers together nervously, clearing her throat before speaking again. "I know, you probably don't want to-"

She didn't get to finish her apology because Malia practically threw herself at her, hugging her tightly. Carter let out a deep breath, closing her eyes and hugging her back.

"I'm sorry." Malia mumbled, burying her face in her shoulder.

"Don't be." She whispered, rubbing her back softly.

"Carter?" Her voice came out muffled, Carter humming in response. "You smell really good."

This made her laugh, shaking her head. They pulled apart at what sounded like a squeal and a sob, looking at Aria with a 'what the fuck' face.

"Sorry." Aria sniffed, taking yet another picture on her phone. They just stared at her a little longer, the girl being the only one standing there. "Oh, right. I should leave you guys alone."

Carter gave her a small finger wave, their friend turning and walking down the hall calmly. Once she was out of sight they heard her run, only to trip on something and curse loudly.

"We uh," Carter tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, rocking back and on her heels. "I need to tell you something."

"O-Okay." Malia nodded, moving to the side so she could go in. She watched as she sat down and fidgeted nervously, only making her anxious as she shut the door. "What's up?"

"You know how I said I didn't believe in werewolves and all that stuff?" She winced slightly, twisting her fingers around. "I lied."

"Yeah?"

"You see, uh," Carter took a deep breath, looking down at her fingers as they continued to twist together. "I'm um,"

"Stop that." She looked up abruptly when Malia's hands clapped around hers, stopping their fidgeting. "Just calm down."

"Yeah, okay." She bit down on her bottom lip, trying not to focus on her hands on hers. "The reason I know about werewolves, is because my family hunts them."

"That's why you got freaked out?" Malia asked slowly, Carter nodding in response. "Makes sense. So, you've killed werewolves before?"

"Yeah."

"Are you gonna kill me?" Malia's question made her laugh, shaking her head. "Okay, cool. Then we're good."

"Really?" Carter blinked, the girl nodding and pulling her in for another hug. When she pulled away she smiled, standing up and whispering. "How much you wanna bet they're right outside?"

Malia put a finger to her lips and tiptoed over to the door, opening it quickly. A pile of their friends fell over, including a few that had just arrived. Aria had fallen on Scott, Stiles on Lydia, and Kiam on the very top.

"Hey, guys." Carter grinned, giving them a short wave. They all groaned in response, their faces turning a bright red. "You good?"

"We're fine." Lydia sighed, pushing herself up on her elbows. "But Stiles, what the hell is poking me?"

● ● ●

@ariamiller: THE FAM IS CURRENTLY AT LUNCH

@itscarterbitch: Lunch dates? [photo above]

@maliatate: Makeup creds to @itscarterbitch

@lydiamartin: CARTER DOING MALIA'S MAKEUP IS THE CUTEST THING IVE EVER SEEN

@sighkat: MY MOMS ARE ADORABLE I CRY

@ariamiller: "Malia stop moving and let me curl your eyelashes"

@catherbrooks: "what the hell is that!"

@sighkat: "an eyelash curler now hush"

@ariamiller: "I thought we promised to torturing me?"

@lydiamartin: "I promised no killing"

@catherbrooks: "calm down, Lia"

@sighkat: "it's hard too when you're this close to me" IM SO

@scottmccall: the girls made us guys sit at a different table and all they're doing is stare at their phones

@ariamiller: deal with it @scottmcall

@ariamiller: technically Malia is staring at Carter while she reads fan fiction @scottmccall

@maliatate: @ariamiller @scottmccall SHH SHE HASNT NOTICED YET

@itscarterbitch: she totally has @maliatate @scottmccall @ariamiller