18;

New Year, New Confidence

@itscarterbitch: Babe 🔥 @lydiamartin [photo above let's pretend it's Lyds?]

@lydiamartin retweeted @itscarterbitch's tweet

Carter laughed as she watched Cooper and Isaac attempted to arm wrestle, the two boys grunting as they went against eachother. Isaac slammed Cooper's arm onto the table, letting out a triumphant cheer and throwing his own arms up.

"Idiots." Cather scoffed, rolling her eyes and going back to watching tv.

Scaria was in the kitchen, fighting over food. Aria insisted that she wanted to cook, but Scott seemed terrified by the notion, wanting to order pizza instead.

Stydia wasn't fighting for once, instead they were actually sharing a blanket and reading some article Lydia found.

Liam was trying to keep Kat awake, whining about how she was gonna miss the countdown. She just snuggled into his chest, mumbling back in a sassy tone about how he just wanted a midnight kiss.

"Midnight kiss?" Malia asked, looking up at Carter in confusion. The girl's head was in her lap, laying there patiently as she played with her hair.

"It's some tradition, where you kiss someone at midnight. Anyone who doesn't has a 'year of loneliness'." Carter rolled her eyes, doing air quotes before going back to playing with her hair. "It's stupid, I've never done it."

"Maybe that's why you're forever alone." Cooper suggested, getting a pillow to the face. "Sorry."

"Like I was saying, it's pointless." She shrugged, grabbing a piece of licorice and chewing on it absentmindedly. Malia watched silently, bringing her fingers to her own lips.

"Move, move, move!" Aria yelled, stealing the remote from Cather and changing the channel to the ball drop.

"I was watching that!" Cather whined, letting out a huff of air as Isaac sat next to her. Malia turned to watch the tv, tapping her fingers on her leg.

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Happy New Year!"

Aria let out a little giggle as Scott rushed to press his lips to hers, holding his face as they kissed.

Isaac kissed Cather awkwardly on the cheek, the girl rolling her eyes dramatically and kissing him on the mouth.

Lydia let out a long sigh when Stiles just started at her in fear, the strawberry grabbing his shirt and kissing him.

Liam woke Kat just in time, kissing the girl out of her sleepy daze.

Malia took a deep breath and propped herself up on one arm, craning her neck to kiss Carter. Carter's eyes widened before kissing her back, touching her cheek softly.

When they pulled away, Carter blinked at her, a blush covering her face. Malia just smiled, inching her face closer. "Still stupid?"

"Nope." Carter breathed, leaning forward and kissing her again while the clock struck 12:01.

________________________

Not edited.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

See, Kasey? I gotchu.

Vote and Comment ❤️

Xx