Chapter 8

-4 weeks later-

(Kaila's POV)

Ever since I found Lloyd in the forest slumped against the mother tree he started acting really off.

He went to talk to my uncle-in-law Wu, but after that things just got worst.

He started getting irritated really easily.

"Haha I win!!" Xander bragged and Hope shot him daggers, not literally of course.

"I win!  Uh huh! I win that's right!" Xander started bragging again, he has a major bragging problem.

"Okay okay stop it! You don't have to rub it in my face you jerk!" Hope said with the same murderous look on her face.

"Hey I'm not a jerk!" Xander yelled.

"Yes you are!" "Am not!" "Are to!" "Am n-" that's when Lloyd had enough.

"ENOUGH!" he yelled and the kids jumped in surprise.

"Daddy I-Im sorry..." Xander mumbled in fear, Lloyd almost never yells at our kids.

"I need some sleep" Lloyd said as he walked upstairs.

The kids stared at where their father has went.

"Xander apologize to your sister, and please excuse your father he's been having a hard time" I said as I followed him upstairs.

Before I could even enter the bell rang, and the kids ran upstairs to me.

"Mommy! Its uncle Jay open the door!!!" Xander yelled excitedly, they love Jay the most among their uncles.

I opened the door and there he was with his goofy smile, he said "hi sis!".

I dragged my brother into a hug.

"Well then go have fun, I'm gonna go talk to Lloyd" I said and ran to our room.

"Lloyd?" I asked as I walked in saw he was laying down in bed, blankly staring at the ceiling.

He saw me and sits up, "oh h-hey Kaila" he said.

"what happened down there?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"I-I don't know K, it's like there's another....me" he said trying to find the right words.

"what do you mean?" I asked now concerned.

he sighed and said "ever since we encountered Luna and she ran off, I felt different. It's like there's something else inside me".

I just stared at him like I've just seen him after years of disappearance.

(Lloyd's POV)

After I finally removed my strange suspicions off my shoulder, I felt much more relaxed and relieved.

I was sitting on the bench facing our backyard, and I just watched the kids as if they were in danger.

I thought back to the time I heard that damn voice in my head, the voice made me feel changed, it triggered something and I know it.

Either I'm being paranoid or there really is a voice in my head telling me It's my fault dad died, which technically it is.

I was there when dad was chained to the pillars inside the Preeminint, and I just let him go.

a wave of mixed emotions weld up in me, I was angry, sad, confused, and now, suspicious of literally nothing!

"daddy!" Xander yelled.