Chapter 18

(Luna's POV)

Life didn't seem fair anymore.

Mizar had been there for me all my life, and now he was gone.

After Night Lloyd vanished we all left back to Me and Mizar's cave, but I guess it's just my cave now.

I was lost in my own thoughts when Kaila tapped on my shoulder.

"hey" Kaila said quietly.

"hey Kaila" I said.

Kaila sat down next to me on the floor as she smiled at the sky and said "you know...he's not really gone".

I looked at her confused, and Kaila laughed.

"I mean that, even though he is gone, he's in a better place now watching over the sister he loved so dearly" she said with a warm smile.

"it's still not fair..." I said as tears threatened to spill.

"The power of positive thinking" Kaila suddenly spoke.

"what?" I asked.

"my brother once told me the power of positive thinking always succeeds, and he's right. I just never appreciated them until...you know. But let's face it, don't we all?". 

"I guess...but how can positive thinking help this case?".

Kaila laid on her back and stared at the starry sky, motioning for me to lie down.

I lie down beside her an stared off into the glittery sky.

Suddenly Kaila pointed at the sky and said "just look at the stars, no matter what happens, they always seem to shine brightly and they never fade".

I was confused at this point "what does this have to do with anything?".

Kaila laughed and said "This has everything to do with this! We humans always dwell on our past, we never seem to move on. It's why other stars are in the sky, they always help each other, they grow up together and lean onto one another".

"what are you saying Kaila?".

Kaila smiled at me and said "I'm saying that, that's why we have each other, Luna. The moon can't light up the sky alone, and the stars can't glow alone. Kind of like us, we can't seem to live alone at all, we always have someone there to push us ahead, to show us the light and gift of true friendship".

I looked at Kaila in amazement, how can she be so positive right now?

Kaila just stares at the stars when I blurt out "who?".

She looks at me in understanding and says "When I was in Styx people always steered clear from me, never approached me, never even spared me a glance. I was the outcast of the town".

I couldn't believe it, Kaila, the sweetest and most amazing person I've ever known, was an outcast?

"and then, he came. The man that showed me the true beauty of life, the man who showed me more than care, Love".

"who was it?" I asked.

Kaila smiled at me knowingly and said "a certain handsome green ninja known as Lloyd Garmadon, The love of my life, my everything".

Even after all he did to us, there was so much love in her voice.

"how can you be so happy now? Lloyd's possessed, your daughter is the reincarnation of Clasna, and Mizar is..." I stopped myself, but my thoughts finished the sentence. Dead.

"Because a soul so pure, it can never be reaped of its purity. I love him enough to believe that he will come back to me, to his family, and to his only sister" Kaila said as she held my hand and then hugged me.

"GROUP HUG!" Xander yelled from the back as I felt two extra bodies held on to my waist.

For the first time in hours, I smiled. I had a family that loved me.

Mizar would've wanted me to move on, and I will.

"I promise" I whispered to the Sky.

(Night Lloyd's POV)

I walked into Sledge's throne room, where I found him pacing back and forth impatiently.

"you called for me master?" I asked.

"you failed! I gave you one clear mission! Eliminate the ninja!" he yelled.

I just grinned at his expression, it was priceless. "but I haven't failed sire. I managed to kill the girl's brother".

Sledge's face slowly broke into a wicked smirk as he laughed and said "good job! I knew you could do it!".

'Totally' I thought darkly.

He walked over to me and said "I think it's time we plan the ninja's doom one by one, don't you agree Nightmare?".

"of course master, just speak your wishes and I will hunt them down limb by limb if I have to" I responded.

Sledge grinned like a maniac.

I made my way to the door when he suddenly stopped me and said "oh, and Nightmare? Spare the the dead one's sister, I think it's time I got back what's rightfully mine".

I turned and asked "and what might that be if you don't mind me asking?".

Sledge took out a silver ring from a red velvet box that had 'L to T, forever love' carved into it.

"is that an engagement ring sire?" I asked.

"indeed it is Nightmare, and it's time I got back my Fiance's heart, whether she likes it or not".

I smirked at his odd cheerfulness and left for the doors before hearing "congratulations on your first blood".

Once it was clear I leaned against a wall and felt a weird tug in the pit of my stomach.

It couldn't be right?

Lloyd was gone, I was Nightmare now.

The tug was still there. I couldn't be feeling that now.

But deep down I knew it. I wasn't all proud.

I was Guilty.

A/n

yo! I'm so sorry for my absence but I was having terrible writer's block so I had to gather up ideas. I hope you can forgive me, if not I understand. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!