Chapter 2

Clary and I walked into Java Jones, the night after the whole Will thing at my locker. We walked over to a table and took a seat. Simon had been buzzing about this gig all day at school today. I hadn't talked to Will today, but I hadn't expected to, though a part of me hoped I would.

"My mom was being so annoying today." Clary complained. "She almost didn't let me come tonight, Luke had to convince her. I don't what's with her."

I sighed. Jocelyn had always been strict with Clary. Clary's brother had died in car crash when she had been one, and when he was two. That made Jocelyn become very protective. Clary's father had died in the crash, too.

"It's okay, you're here now." I smiled at her.

She sighed. "Thank god."

People started filing in, and Simon came by our table.

"You guys came." He smiled.

"Of course we did." Clary smiled. "We wouldn't miss it."

He only smiled, and then went back to his band. Clary and I talked for a bit more, and then I saw two people walk through the door. I looked up, and tried not to fall out of my seat. There was Will and Jace. Will was wearing tight black jeans, and a white t-shirt, and he looked flawless.

"Clary." I said in a strained voice. "Frickin, Will and Jace are here."

Her green eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "What?!"

"Yes, don't look at them." I said as I looked at her.

"What the hell are they doing here?" She asked frantically.

"I have no clue." I said quickly.

We both automatically sat up straighter, and I snuck a glance at them again. They were at a table near ours, standing and talking. Jace suddenly caught my eye, and I looked away quickly.

"Crap, Jace saw me looking." I said frantically.

"Ugh." She frowned.

I looked again, to see that they had both sat down at a table, not too far from ours. They were talking to each, Will was grinning at Jace. Suddenly, he looked right at me, and smirked. I snapped my head back to Clary and blushed bright red.

"Will just smirked at me." I whispered to her.

"Don't look again, just look at me." Clary instructed.

I was about to say something, when the door opened again and two girls walked in. They both had long dark black hair, and were dressed as if they had just come back from modelling for Vogue. I recognized the girls to be Cecily Herondale and Isabelle Lightwood. They were the most gorgeous girls I had ever seen. They walked over to Will's table, and took a seat.

"What the hell? Are they having some sort of meet up?" Clary said sarcastically.

"I don't know, but Simon's going to freak when he sees Isabelle." I chuckled.

She laughed. "He will."

A few minutes later, the lights dimmed and Simon's band came on stage. I watched as he skimmed the crowd, and his eyes stopped when he saw Isabelle. He then whispered something to Eric, and he hit him in arm teasingly. They started to play, and they actually weren't that bad. I snuck a glance over at Will's table, to see that his seat was empty. I wonder where he is, I thought. Halfway through, I had to use the bathroom.

I walked to bathroom, and when I walked out, I walked right into someone. I smelt a familiar cologne, and froze. I would know that smell anywhere.

"Wow, you really hate me don't you?" Will smirked.

Quite the opposite. "Oh, I'm sorry."

His blue eyes twinkled. "It's fine. What are you doing here?"

"I, um, my friend is in the band that's performing and I..." I was suddenly lost in his eyes.

They we're so clear and blue that I was stuck for a second. I quickly snapped out of it, but it was too late. Will was already smirking at me.

"I came here with my best friend to watch him." I finished.

"The redhead right?" He asked. "Clary?"

"Yeah, her." I replied.

We were silent for a second, and it was awkward. Very awkward.

"I, um, I should go." I said finally.

"I'll see you around." He grinned.

I quickly walked away, and back to my table with Clary. To my surprise, Cecily and Isabelle were standing at our table, talking to her.

"Oh hey, Tessa." Cecily smiled.

"Hey?" I said, shocked that she knew my name.

"They we're just asking me if we had Math homework." Clary said.

"Oh." I said.

"Ugh, where's Will?" Cecily said.

"I just bumped into him, he's in the bathroom." I explained.

"He probably annoyed the hell out of you, didn't he?" Isabelle grinned.

I blushed and chuckled. "No, he didn't."

We all talked for a bit longer, and then they left back to their table. I took a seat.

"Okay, what the hell was that? Why are they talking to us all of the sudden?" I asked.

"I have no idea, but it's good. If we become friends with Cecily and Isabelle, we can get closer to Will and Jace." Clary whispered.

"True. They were nice, I expected them to be snobby." I said.

"Me too." She said.

Half an hour later, the performance ended and Simon walked up to us.

"What the hell is Isabelle doing here?" He whispered frantically.

"We have no idea. Her and Cecily came up and talked to us." Clary said.

"I was so nervous the entire time." Simon said.

We both laughed.

"Don't worry, you did good." I smiled at him.

Just then they all walked past us, to the door. Cecily and Isabelle waved at us, and Clary and I waved back. Jace only looked at Clary, and Will winked at me and smirked. I blushed and then they walked out the door.

"He just winked at you!" Clary exclaimed.

"I know right!" I said happily.

Simon chuckled. "You guys are such girls."

We all laughed, and then Clary and I went home, Simon had come with Eric, Kirk, and Matt. She dropped me off at home, and I walked. I greeted aunt Harriet, and went up to my bedroom. I threw myself down on my bed and sighed. Will was so charming.