Chapter 9

- PERRIE -

"So... Why don't you show me around?" Jade asks politely.

"Yeah, sure." I smile as I stand up from the couch. "Right now you're in the living room. There's the kitchen." I point behind Jade and she turns her head. "And here's a toilet too." I open the wooden door for her to see.

"Well, it's always good to have one of those." she laughs, and I join in with a giggle.

"Mom's bedroom is right down this hallway, and up the stairs is my room, the office ans my brother's old room. And one mor toilet."

"Oh, nice. I would love to check on your room." Jade smiles as she walks up the stairs.

As she walks the hallway upstairs, she inspects the walls and doors. She looks really focused, actually, and I wonder why. Is my home really that interesting?

"Ooooh!" Jade exclaims from my room. "It is so nice!"

"Thank you. I guess." I answer. I sit down on my bed and pats beside at the mattress. "Sit down."

"Okay." she says.

A long silence follows, and I start to sweat. I hate awkward silences. It makes me shiver and if there's an awkward moment on TV I always look away.

"Why don't listen to some music?" I ask Jade. I quickly stand up and pick my phone up. I connect it to my speakers. "What music do you like?"

"Pretty much everything. You choose."

"Well, that didn't make it all easier." I laugh. "Okay, here's a song..." I push play, and the familiar sound of Sia's voice fills the room.

"Party girls don't get hurt
can't feel anything, when will I learn
I push it down, push it down
"

"I like this." I shout over the music. 

"Me too! Her voice is incredible!" Jade says. "I can never hits such notes."

I start to sing along to 'Chandelier', and I hope Jade does the same. I really don't want to embarrass myself.

"1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3, drink. 1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3, drink." I sing with a low voice. It sounds like it's a 40-year old man singing.

"Oh my god, Pez!" Jade laughs. Thankfully she joins in when Sia sings the very high note.

"IIIII'M ,GONNA SWIIIIING, FROM THE CHANDELIEEEER!" We sing together.
I can't prevent myself from laughing, since both Jade and I have problem hitting the note right.

-

When the song is over, I turn the volume down so Jade and I can talk to each other.

"I really tried to hit that high note." I confess. "And I'd say I failed."

"Well, I bet Simon Cowell would too..." Jade smiles.

"Hey...! You're supposed to tell me that I wasn't that bad. That I maybe could get through bootcamp."
I tell her with fake dissapointment in my voice.

"Well, I'm sure both your mom and my mom have told us it's wrong to lie, so I'm following that rule right now." She smiles, and lightly hit me on my left arm. I don't know what to answer, and suddenly it's quiet again.

"Do you..." Jade starts, but doesn't continue.

"Huh?" I ask, turning my head to look at her.

"It's a stupid question, but... Do you remember the party at Johanna's?"

"Of course I do, it was my first party." I laugh.

"Well... I get that." Jade looks nervous, and I wonder what's on her mind. "I'm just wondering if you remember what happened in the bedroom, since you were pretty wasted..."

I feel my hands getting sweaty, and my heart is racing. I try to sound calm as I answer:

"Yeah... Some of it. Not necessarily what happened right before it or how we got there, but I remember..." I trail off.

"The kiss?" Jade helps me.

"Exactly." I don't know what to say or how to feel. I don't know what I want with Jade, but at least I don't want to have this conversation right now.

"And?" she asks, waitong for me to continue.

"And..." Slience. Maybe a too long one. "And I think it was a mistake, actually." I finally say. As the words leave my mouth Jade's shoulders sink and she looks down at her hands.

- JADE -

I'll tell you that Perrie's answer wasn't the one I wanted. I wanted her to tell me that she had thought about it and that she felt the same as me, that we would start dating. I think Perrie is an amazing person, both kind, happy, funny and utterly beautiful. I wanted her to tell me she knew what she felt about me, and that she wouldn't care about everyone else in the city and their thoughts.
Then I would tell her that we could move out of this town, maybe to London or even the US. We could have a future and we could be happy without worrying.

But Jade, you can dream on.

(hello, i've ben gone for a year, hahhahh, but I hope you like this chapter, and i'm very sorry for bad grammar, you'll have to survive :)) xx)