Chapter 8

- PERRIE -

As it is every monday morning for everyone, it was hard for me to get up from bed. But here I am, at the café preparing sandwiches for lunch time.

The time passes quickly, and after lunch I'm in the checkout. When it's 3 o'clock I pack my little bag and take the bus home to change clothes and have a quick shower before I get into town again.

-

I'm finished in the shower by 3:25 pm, so I send Jade a quick message that I'll be outside Top Shop by 3:45 instead. She says it's okay.

I run out to the bus stop, just in time to get onto the next bus. When I get into town, I immediately go to Top Shop.

Jade stands outside, looking down at her phone. I walk over to the other side of the street where she stands, and surprise her by tickling her on the right side of her waist. She laughs as she tries to push my hands away.

"You scared me!" she whines when I stop.

"That was like, the meaning of it." I laugh.

"Yeah, but anyways." She starts to laugh too.

Me and Jade decide to go to a café down the street to get some coffee. I really need it because I've been working all day. We also buy one big cupcake each, and we sit down by a table outside.

As we're talking about everything and nothing, I consider to ask her about being interested in girls, or not. I want to know, but I don't want to be annoying and make her dislike me. I want to be her friend.

"How is it?" We had stopped talking, and the words fly away from my lips.

"What?" Jade wonders with a lifted eyebrow.

"How is it to like girls?"

"Oh..." She seems to think about it. "It's great."

I didn't expect that reaction from her. She seems not to have any problem with me asking about it. I instantly relax.

"It is?" I smile.

"Yeah."

"Tell me." I beg, smiling.

"What do you want to know?" she giggles. I think she thinks this is fun.

"Anything." I smile. I put my elbows on the table, and rest my face in my hands.

"Well... First, it's weird that somebody wants to know anything about me and doesn't run away when I say that I'm lesbian..." she smiles. I giggle.

"And I don't really understand why people hate me, because I've done nothing wrong. I'm just being me. I'm following my dreams and I'm trying to find love just like everybody else. There's nothing wrong with that, huh?" she says. I nod as I take the words in.

She's wise. The opposite from everybody else in this stupid town.

Jade smiles a shy smile, and I respond it with a big one.

"No, there's nothing wrong with it." I tell her. "I like you because you're special."

"I like you because you let me be myself." Jade says.

I finish my cupcake and take a sip from my coffee. I really enjoy hanging out with Jade. She's funny and nice, and she spreads a positive energy around her.

When we're finished we decide to go for a little shopping before going home. Our first stop is River Island, and even though it was only a few days ago since I was there, I agree with Jade to go in there. It was a little waste of time, because I didn't find anything to try on.

-

"I'm home!" I shout when I've closed the front door.

"You had a good time sweetie?" I hear mom from he kitchen.

"Yeah!" I answer and get up to my room.

One thing I truly dislike about living here with her is that she treats me like a fifteen year old. Soon I'm 21, and I have like... grown out of that stage. She doesn't seem to understand that. But I want to be a nice daughter, so I stick with it, even though it's annoying me.

Mom calls me for dinner, but I'm not hungry after the big cupcake at the café. I shout back to her that I'll eat later.

Instead I start a movie on my computer to watch, and that night I didn't eat anything else than a pack of Pringles.

-

The week passes, and me and Jade are talking everyday. We're chatting, and we've been calling each other sometimes. I don't want to admit it to her, but if we meet where everyone can see us I'm worried about getting bullied too. But I can't say that to her, it would make her feel extremely bad. I know her now, we are really good friends. I can't lose her, not now when we've become close to each other.

I look at my phone one last time before sleeping, and I notice a new message.

Jade:

Maybe we could hang out again? :)

Oh.

Perrie:

Yeah sure :)

I instantly get an answer back.

Jade:

Great! Tomorrow maybe?

Perrie:

Sure!

I feel my stomach twisting. I don't want to be out in town with her. The only thing to do would be seeing each other where we can be alone.

Perrie:

Why don't you come by my place? I'm free tomorrow. :)

I write and send the message. That's a better idea.

Jade:

Cool! Send me the address and I'll come by! :)

I write a message with my address, and then I lock my phone again. It's late at night, and I need to rest after a weekend full of work.

-

I wake up when the sun shines through my curtains. It's ten past nine, and I feel good rested even though I didn't sleep very long.

I get downstairs and I quickly find out that I'm home alone today. Great. Now me and Jade can be alone here. Mom would just be awkward if she was here at the same time as Jade.

I make myself some breakfast, and as usual I sit on the couch and watch TV at the same time. That's like my routine.

When the clock passes 10 am I'm ready to get up and put some decent clothes on. Right now I'm wearing my pyjama shorts and one of Jonnie's T-shirts. My hair is braided in two very messy braids.

I put on a pair of black tights and a big hoodie. It's pretty cold to be April, but we're talking about England, and it feels like it's always cold and rainy here. I fold the arms a little bit, because they're too long for my arms. I find my fluffy pair of grey socks, and I feel almost forced to wear them. They're my favourite pair of socks, without a doubt.

I find myself putting some extra effort to my make up. I don't know why, it's just Jade, but somehow I feel the need to be pretty.

By 11 am the door bell rings. I know it's Jade, so when I open the door I have a big smile on my lips, and Jade has that too, I see. She's wearing a cute red coat with a bow as a belt around her waist, and she looks very good in it. Her hair is wavier than usual, but I like it.

"Hi." she smiles.

"Hi. Come in." I take a step back from the door and into the hallway, just to let her come inside. The sun is shining outside, but it still feels cold in the air.

When Jade has taken her coat and shoes off we go inside the house.

"Just feel like you're home." I smile at her, and she respond with a small smile and a 'thank you'. 

(A/N: Hi, please vote if you liked this part :) xx)