Chapter 45

- PERRIE -

"Okay, now I think I get it." I say. I finally agree to sing the whole song through.

"I like how we made this into something serious." Jade giggle. I let out a small giggle as well.

"Okay, 5, 6, 7, 8." Jade counts in and plays the music. She starts singing the first lines of the song. I look down on my paper to be sureI'll sing the right words. It seems like Jade really wants to sing like we used to, so I guess I'll just have to please her.

Just as I'm about to sing the first words of my part of the verse Leigh and Jesy enters the room. I close my mouth again, and Jade turns around to see what just happened.

"Jade, we heard you sing. What are you guys doing?" Jesy asks, curious as she is.

"Singing. Duh." Jade answers, clearly a bit annoyed with her sister.

"But Jade! We want to hang out with you guys. You just left us in the kitchen." Leigh-Anne pouts.

"You could sing with us." I suggest. I still feel a bit awkward from Jade's recent speech about how she missed atmosphere between us before she admitted her feelings to me. It felt a bit too deep and uncomfortable. Therefore, it could be good if Leigh and Jesy joined us and sang Jade's newly recorded song.

"I guess they could." Jade agrees without enthusiasm.

"Yes! Show us the lyrics." Jesy shrieks. I hand her the paper I've read about then times the last 15 minutes so she can read the lyrics.

"Jade, these are so beautiful." Jesy compliments Jade. It seems to make her feel a bit better. "This is the song you sang during the time you fled your own apartment, right?" Jesy adds.

Jade nods in response.

"Wow." Leigh says as she exhales after she has read the lyrics as well.

"Let's split the parts up and sing it." I propose. Jesy gives me the paper and I pick up the pen Jade wrote with earlier. I pass both the paper and the pen to Jade so she can decide who's going to sing what. Then it hits me, just as Jade starts adjusting who's singing what.

"Wait, do you two sing as well?"

"Yeah." Leigh answers. "It's just a hobby of mine, I haven't really had any lessons in singing or so. But I sang a lot in school when I was little."

"Yeah me too. I was in the school choir. Jade was as well!" Jesy says.

"Wow, okay. Cool." I nod apporvingly.

While waiting for Jade I pick up my phone to see a new message from Lucas. He's wondering what I'm up to. I don't feel like answering, so I put the phone down again.

"Okay, now it should be done." Jade suddenly says, making all of us jump. "This should do."

-

"No Leigh! Okay, start over again." Jade complains. Leigh-Anne just stressed the word on the wrong place.

"Sorry, boss!" Leigh excuses herself. She throws herarms in the air just as she's showing a police officer she's doesn't have any weapons.

"This is just like a band practice, girls. It's just for fun." Jesy giggles. I agree. Jade is taking this too seriously.

"Jade, you don't need to take be so serious about this. It's just for fun." I tell her.

"I do! This is my song that means a lot to me, I don't want you guys to ruin it." she defends herself.

"What? If you released it everyone would cover it. You could never prevent them from doing that."

"Mhmm." Jesy agrees and Leigh nods.

"No, but..." Jade begins, but gives up finding a good counter argument. "Sorry, then."

"Let's just play around and have fun instead." Leigh says.

"Fine." Jade eventually agrees with the rest of us. She then starts counting again; "5, 6, 7, 8!" Then, she starts singing again:

"What would you do? What oould you say?

How does it feel? Pretend it's OK

My eyes deceive me, but it's still the same

Pretend it's OK."

Me and Leigh joins in on the verse and then comes the chorus again. It goes well singing the song this time; not perfect, but good enough.

"Wow! It felt so good. And like, Jade's harmonies and everything." Leigh says afterwards.

"It was so fun!" I shriek excitedly. It felt amazing singing as synchronized as we just did, and we started rehearsing the song only 20 minutes ago. Our voices were syncronized and, just like Leigh said, Jade's harmonies we're the cherries on the cake.

"I think we should make a group or something. We could put up videos on YouTube or something, that's what everyone does now. Justin Bieber were found on YouTube, probably some more singers as well." Jesy reflects.

"Are you serious, Jes?" Jade asks with a bit of suspicion.

"Yes, dead serious. I mean, all of us like to sing and we do it, excuse my choice of word but, fucking amazing."

"Yeah..." I ponder.

"Yeah, that wouldn't work." Leigh laughs it off and stands up. Jade shakes her head as if that will make the thought of the four of us being a girl group would go away. Jade leaves the room, which makes me and Jesy left alone in the living room.

"Do you believe in my idea?" she asks me. I don't know if it's because she wants just a little bit of hope to hold on to, or if it's just to make sure her idea was "bad". Jesy's intention doesn't matter, because I still feel the same about the idea.

"Yeah, I do." I answer her.

(I hav a question for all of you: WOULD YOU READ A SEQUEL TO THIS BOOK if I wrote one? Becuase I've got some ideas for one... ;) Please let me know xx )