Chapter 13

- PERRIE -

When I get home that afternoon I've got the house all to myself. I go onto my computer and check my social medias, when I suddenly remember the dating-site I signed up to yesterday. Maybe it was a bad idea?
I search for the site and am just about to log in when I think it might be wrong. Would Jade be disappointed if I started to be active here?

Stop Perrie! Don't think about Jade! What do you want?

I want to log in and see if anybody would be interested in me. I doubt it.

I go onto my page to see my profile picture and my bio.

"21 year old girl from South Shields. I sing in the shower, but also in the car. I have good humor, a good taste in music and I like cozy clothes." I have written, and below it I find other good information about me that I filled in.

Looking at my bio now, I think it's boring and bad. Since I don't have anything better to write, and since I wrote the truth, I let it be.

I try to find my notifications, and when  finally do I almost get a heart attack.

I have a notification.

I see a profile picture.

I see a guy.

-

It's half an hour later, and I'm not in shock anymore.

Apparently a guy named Lucas Stone has sent a message to me. I go onto his profile and read about him.

"Middlesbrough. 21. Singing."

That's it? Is that all I get?

I scroll down to check other facts about him.

He's born in September. He's interested in women. His interests are singing, playing guitar and playing Fifa.

I click on his profile picture and see a bguyoy standing on the beach in green swimming trunks and a white T-shirt. He wears sunglasses, so I can't see his eyes. He has a big smile on his lips and he makes a peace sign the air with his left hand. It's sunny and the sea is turquoise, so I think he's in another country. It can't be taken here in the U.K., that's a fact.

I don't know if I should answer his simple text:

Hi, how's it going? :)

I'm too scared. I'm such a loser. I want to stop thinking about Jade, and I've wanted a boyfriend since I was 14. I schould take the chance. But what should I write? Answer his question, maybe?

I feel nervous, but at the same time a little excited. What if he actually would like to talk to me. I decide to say hello and answer his question, and then ask him how he's doing. Then it's up to him because this is not stuff I'm good at. At all.

Okay, let's do it.

- JADE -

I run to the kitchen to fetch my phone. I hope it's Perrie calling. I would be so relieved.

When I look at the screen I get disappointed. It's not Perrie. It's Jesy.

"Heeey, sis." I say when I pick up.

"Helloooo!" she says from the other end. It's kind of our thing to extract the greeting-words when we're calling each other.

" Why are you calling so late?" I ask her. It's unlike her.

"Well... I'm in the middle of a crisis, and since you're my best sister I thought you could help me..." she explains.

"I'm your only sister."

"I know, I just wanted you to be in a good mood."

"Okay..." I feel a little suspicious. What does she even want? "Tell me about your crisis."

"So... Apparently my apartment building will be renovated for a few months, and I have nowhere to stay. I just found out and I got so stressed, and then I remembered that you live in an apartment all alone."

"So you're asking me if you can stay here for a few months?"

"Yes." she simply answers.

"Do you even remember the reason you left?" I ask her, a little annoyed. I bet no one has forgotten about Jesy.

"I do."

"Good, because I'm sure this entire town do too."

"It was three years ago Jade, I bet they've forgotten."

"I don't think so. And also, I don't want to be more embarrassed."

"What do you mean?" she asks, confused.

"I'm gay, remember!?" I'm starting to get annoyed. "Everyone hates me."

"Not everyone..." she says. "Not me." she tries to cheer me up.

"That's not the same thing, Jes..." I sigh.

"But the important thing is; can I stay at your place?"

"I don't want you to, but I guess I'll have to let you. You're my sister, after all."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she shouts from the other end of the phone. "I'm coming in a few days!"

"Okay, you're welcome. Bye." I say before hanging up. I don't wait for Jesy's reply.

I walk into the living room and lie down on the couch. I really don't want Jesy back here. Well, in one way I do, because it was a year ago since I last met her. But, since she is connected to something that makes me look like an even worse person to everyone in town, I sure as hell don't want her back here. It's tough enough for me.

Oh well, I guess I'l have to prepare myself mentally.

(Weeey, things are starting to get more interesting, and I'm so excited!! :D)