Chapter 7

- PERRIE -

I don't tell mom about Jade, instead I say that I felt left out, and that my head was hurting a lot. She believed it.

Earlier, I went down to get a sandwich and something to drink, and now I'm on my bed with my computer, eating my sandwich and drinking hot chocolate.

It's not needy to go to parties to have fun a friday night.

As I'm on Facebook, I check the notifications. Surprisingly, I've got a friend request, and curiously I click on the icon to check from who. I get a small shock when I see the name.

Jade Thirlwall.

Oh, that's... I don't know...

To be kind, I accept it, and then I log out.

I don't dislike Jade, she's nice and funny and all, but I don't want to get closer to her. I know what everybody thinks of her, and the people in this town doesn't have to think the same thing about me.

I close my laptop, and put it away from my bed. I drink the last of my chocolate and then I go brush my teeth. It's pretty late, so I think I'll go to bed.

-

I wake up to the familiar sound of my ring tone. I check the screen and see that it's from Alex. I bet she has a hangover.

"Hi." I say when I answer.

"Hi Pez. I'm just wondering where you went last night? I didn't see you after you left us." she tells me.

"I didn't feel well so I called a taxi." I lie.

"Oh, sorry. You missed all the fun."

"What happened?" I don't know what to say, so it's better if she talks.

Alex tells me about a girl who got so drunk she had sex with two guys on a sofa, all naked. I feel like puking.

"EVERYBODY saw it! I don't understand!" Alex says.

"Yeah. Neither do I."

"I bet it's because you're not used to parties."

"What?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, you're not used to parties, so I bet that's why you felt ill. Get better soon, babe."

"Thank you." I say, smiling a little. It feels nice that she cares.

"See you, Pez."

"Yeah."

"Bye." she ends and hangs up.

The clock on my phone shows 11:43 am, so it's time to get up. I change clothes into a pair of grey leggings, a white T-shirt and a cardigan. It's sunday, and tomorrow I have to get back to work. Today I'll just be at home, cuddling with some pillows and watch a movie.

I get downstairs and make a sandwich and some hot chocolate, like last night, and take a seat in the sofa.

"Already awake?" Jonnie asks sarcastically as he passes the living room.

"Ha-ha-ha." I say with my mouth full of sandwiches.

He leaves with a laugh, but I ignore it. Instead I start "The Notebook" as so many times before. As I watch I eat my yummy sandwich and drink my cup of chocolate.

The day passes quickly even though I don't do anything. I just watch some movies and eat snacks. Very healthy.

-

When I sit by my computer later that evening I get a message on Facebook. That's unusual.

When I read it I see it's from Jade, and I get a little nervous. She says 'hi' and I answer the same.

Jade:

how are you? :)

Perrie:

i'm good :) wbu?

Jade:

just fine :) last night was fun, huh? ;)

I know what she refers to, but I want to forget that.

Perrie:

yeah, i've never been to a party, so it was fun to see how it was :)

That's my answer instead.

Jade:

okay :)

Then she doesn't write anything. I decide not to start talking again, and I go onto Tumblr instead.

About fifteen minutes later I hear the sound of a new message on Facebook. I check, and as I thought, it's Jade again.

Jade:

what are you doing tomorrow? :)

Perrie:

I start work again

Perrie:

the weekends should be longer :(

Jade:

definitely

Jade:

but I'm just wondering if you want to hang out after your work? I'm free, so I can meet whenever you can :)

I don't know what to answer. In one way I don't want to meet her, but in another way I want to.

But I can't say no.

Perrie:

I'm free by 3:30 pm, you can meet me outside top shop :)

Jade:

awesome, se you xx

Perrie:

see you :) x

I feel a little insecure about the 'xx', but I decide not to care about it. You write that to your friends, right?

- JADE -

I feel so happy that Perrie want to meet me. It's not a date, I know, but were going to meet up.

There's something special with Perrie that I'm interested in. Something that makes her different. Not that she's literally the only one that doesn't hate me, but something else. I need to get to know her more.

It's pretty late, so I decide to get ready for sleep.

-

I wake up early, around 8 am that morning. I get into the kitchen and take the rests from the pizza I ate yesterday, and put them in the microwave to get hot. When they're done I pour up a glass of orange juice and sit by the table to eat. 

I dislike my job very much. I never wanted to work at a restaurant that's only open in the evenings, but there's no other place where I feel welcome. It seems like at least one person at every place I've been to thinks I'm a bad person, and therefore no one wants me there. But this restaurant happens to be my uncle's, and he gave me the job when I couldn't find any other. I'm thankful, but I really want to get away.

I don't even know why I'm still in this town. I don't get why I haven't tried to move away to another city where nobody knows me. But now I have a reason to stay, and it feels great. 

(A/N: hi I hope you all liked this chapter, please vote and comment xx)