Chapter 35

- PERRIE -

"So what's this song called then?" I ask Jade.

"I think I'll call it Pretend It's OK." she says.

"Okay, sounds good." I smile at her.

"So here's the lyrics, but I can start so you know how to sing it." Jade explains. "It's not that hard, but since you've never heard it you have no idea what it sounds like."

Dave gives us the lyrics and keeps one of the papers for himself since he will play the guitar.

"It almost feels like we're a band or something." Jesy points out, and I agree with her.

"I know, it's like we're rehearsing for a performance or something." Leigh smiles excitedly. 

Then we're all quiet, since we're waiting for Jade to start singing. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, and then she opens her mouth to sing.

"Wait." she says instead of singing the words to the song. "We're all singing at the same time, right?"

"Yeah." Jesy simply answers. "Are you nervous?" she asks Jade.

"A little."

"Don't worry, it's just us." Jesy calms Jade.

"Yeah, just you..." Jade mumbles.

Then she opens her mouth again, and this time the words leave her mouth in a wonderful harmony.

"What would you do? What would you say?

How does it feel? Pretend it OK,

My eyes decieve me, but it's still the same

Pretend it's OK..."

Then Dave starts playing the guitar as Jade continues to the next part of the song, the verse.

"I remember the day when we were out all night,

I wish that I could get the day back and tell you it's alright.

Cause we all do the same thing, we just don't realize

That we're living on borrowed time."

"Chorus!" Dave exclaims, and me, Jesy and Leigh all sing together with Jade since we now recognize the lyrics.

In sync, all four of us starts singing:

"What would you do? What would you say?

How does it feel? Pretend it's OK

My eyes decieve me but it's still the same,

Pretend it's OK..."

Jade sings the next verse, but this time I'm able to sing along in some parts since I kind of know the melody. When the chorus starts again, we all sing louder and clearer, since we know it, and after a minute we've sang the entire song.

"The song is amazing Jade!" Jesy almost shouts when we're done. "It's awesome!"

"I agree." Leigh-Anne says and nods.

"Yeah, me too." I agree.

"Thanks, girls." Jade says. I can see her blushing a little bit, and she suddenly looks like a child. Cute.

"You girls sounded great together." Dave compliments us.

"Really? Thanks." Leigh smiles to him.