Chapter 25

- PERRIE -

When Jade's lips meet mine I feel paralyzed. What the heck? What is she doing?

Somehow, I can't resist kissing her back. Her lips are so soft, and she tastes of mint. I'm guessing she washed her teeth recently.

After a few seconds, Jade pulls back. She smiles widely. I don't. I don't really know how I look, neither how I feel.

When Jade sees my expression, she frowns. Maybe she's realising what she has done. She might regret it, or she won't. She might feel happy, or maybe she's embarrassed. I can't read her expression, because it's now blank.

"What...?" I begin asking when I feel kind of normal again.

"I'm so sorry Perrie, I don't know what happened there." she quickly explains. "Good night." She runs down the hallway before I even get the chance to respond. When she is gone, I am left with confusion. Again.

How come I always get confused with Jade. She does stuff that makes me stop thinking or make me think too much.

To calm down, I lie down on the couch with the blanket around my body. What did Jade mean by this? What was her prupose? She knows I don't feel the same about her, but she kissed me like that anyways. I didn't dispraise it, to be honest. It felt warm inside of me, like a little fire starting to burn when our lips met.

Is it because Jade is a girl that everything confuses me? Lucas didn't confuse me once during this whole day, so why is Jade always making me think like crazy? Well, she does this kind of stuff, like kissing me out of nowhere, and I've only met Lucas once. But anyways, how does this happen?

I think I really need to find out how I feel about Jade. I know I felt some spark inside of me before she told me how she felt. That was before I got scared of being more than friends, because I didn't have to worry about that until she told me she wanted to date me. What if my feelings are there for her, but I prevent them from being showed? What if I've buried them during these weeks, and now they're hidden from both me and everyone else?

I need to figure these things out, but not now. Now is the time for sleep.

- JADE -

I can't seem to fall asleep that night. It's so hard. All I can think about is Perrie. What is she thinking about right now? Does she have trouble falling asleep as well? How did she actually feel about that kiss? Does she feel happy like me? Does she think I'm a freak? I've got a lot of questions, but none of them will be answered today.

I try to fall asleep, and 45 minutes later I'm heavily asleep.

-

I wake up at 6:30. It's way too early, but somehow I don't feel tired. My stomach is aching, so I decide to walk to the kitchen and make myself some breakfast. I pray that Perrie won't wake up. I don't think I can handle an awkward encounter right now.

Happily, Perrie is heavily asleep on the couch, breathing loudly. I can make myself a sandwich in peace. Well, until Jesy enters.

"Why are you up this early?" she asks me, then she yawns.

"Why are you?" I ask as I put my sandwich on a plate.

"I asked you first, Jadey." she smiles. She grabs an apple from the fridge and takes a bite.

"I just couldn't sleep any longer." I simply answer, since it is the truth.

"Okay. I'm awake because I'm going out running." I look at Jesy, and she looks very proud of herself. 

"Seriously? When did you become a runner?" I laugh.

"It's not like it was in school. Come on Jade, I've changed over the past few years." she defends herself.

"Sure. I believe you Jes, I just didn't thought this about you."

In school, Jesy was the one who barely went to P.E class and always "forgot" her gym clothes. I, on the other hand, always enjoyed P.E., but nowadays I never exercise.

When we don't continue speaking, I suddenly remember yesterday. How could I be so stupid and kiss Perrie? We were going to take the development of our friendship slow, and here I am kissing her because I can't control myself. I'm such a loser.

"Jes..." I whisper as I sit by the dining table.

"Huh?" she answers from the fridge. She's looking for something to eat for breakfast.

"I have to tell you something... I was so stupid."

"What?" she asks, now looking at me. She looks worried as she sits down on the chair opposite of me.

"Last night, I... I kissed Perrie..." I sigh. I can't believe it.

"Oh my god! Jade!" Jesy shrieks, making me feel worse. It clearly shows that she thinks I'm crazy. "How could you do that!?"

"I just felt like doing it. She took her shirt off and she just looked so hot. Jesy... What should I-" I don't have enough time to finish my sentence before Jesy interrupts.

"You ruined everything Jade!" she shrieks again. I can tell she's annoyed. It feels nice that she's on my side, but I don't like her being so bossy over me. I know I did wrong, but she doesn't have to nag about it. I get it. "She won't even want to hang out anymore. That was such a stupid choice." 

"Okay, I get it. I know it was stupid as hell, but what am I supposed to do now?" I ask, almost panicking.

"You just have to wait. You have to watch her moves and have good tactics. Think of this as a game." Jesy answers, all serious.

Game on, then.

(WOAH! This is exciting, and I've got some ideas for future chapters... ;) )

(Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have a good one! :D xx)