Chapter 19

----------------

"At first it was normal jealousy, but now. This?"

"I know. We have to solve this stalking case by the book. Alright everyone?"

"Yes sir Sheriff East!"

"Get to work, catch this lunatic." The sheriff stomps off. I smirk and walk out.

Too bad I haven't read the book, the cops and detectives read. But there's always the internet. After all I'm the new police officer, I need that book before I can actually work this case.

*Elsas POV*

"Ok, lets practice the lift." I put my hands on my hips.

"You sure? I need to have a strong grip on your arms."

"Jack, just do it. We only have three weeks."

"Okay...just tell me if it-"

"Jack, I'm not going to let her ruin my life. We will place in that competition, and nothing is going to stop us. Do the lift." I hold my hand out, he shrugs and takes it.

We prepare for the move by starting from the beginning. I start getting a little nervous as we get closer to the first lift.

He grabs my arms and lifts me high in the air. I lean to the side, my legs bent in the correct position, and my arms are parallel.

It hurts a lot on my left arm, Jack let's me down. "How do you feel?" He asks, I shrug and spin my arm a little.

"Not too bad." I look at my phone for the time, it's two o'clock. "Crap, I have to go to the hospital for my checkup."

"What time is it?"

"2."

"Alright," Jack gives me a hug. "be good." I smile.

"When am I not?" I pull back and smile at him. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"Yeah I guess, come on." I grab his hand, dragging him off the rink.

-------------------
---------

"Alright Ms. Arens, let's take a look at your arm. And then we're going to take a sample of your blood. To see how much blood, your body has 're-produced in your system. Okay?"

"Let's get this over with." Dr. Ray chuckles, and starts taking off my strap. "Now, have you taken a shower with this on?"

"No, I take it off."

"Good..." He finishes taking it off. "Ms. Arens, I'm very concerned."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"It's really red and irritated. Has something hit it?"

"Oh uhhh-"

"Actually I can explain that." I look over at Jack. "We were skating, and I took a strong grip on her arm. I knew about her injury too."

"Well, this may delay your recovery."

"How?" I ask. Dr. Ray takes a moment before answering. "Ms. Arens, the more you do this. The more it delays the healing process. I advise you not to do any more, 'lifts', for at least ten days."

"Ten days?!"

"Yes, ten days. I'm sorry but that's just the way it has to be." He puts my wrap back on, and takes out a syringe. He takes some blood from my arm. "I'll be back in a little bit, with the results."

I nod and he leaves. I drop my head in my hands. Jack rubs his hand against my back. "It'll be fine Elsa."

"No, you don't get it. That move needs the most work. Because if we pull that move off perfectly, we will place. Possibly in first. But if either lift fails, one or both, we're knocked out of the competition. Regardless on how we did with the rest of the routine. Those judges don't care."