~ Chapter 6~

It was awkward, to say the least.

Zeno was still bouncing around in his seat, while Yun was gazing longingly at the kitchen. Kija  made sure to look at his feet. Reiji kept looking at Kija, thus causing the Hakuryuu to shy away.

"Sh-shall we start working on sleeping arrangements?" Kija asks aloud and Yun snaps his head to me in an instant.

"Yes! Let's do that, before I use her kitch- before you beasts break everything." He stumbles and Zeno laughs.

"Zeno wants the couch!" He says before sprawling over Reiji and Kija. Kija sighs in defeat, a bit unnerved at the response of the Ouryuu, but this is Zeno and they've traveled with him for over a year.

"I suppose I can take whatever's available to me.." Kija mutters and Yun nods his head.

"Well there's two guest rooms in each apartment. I usually take the other, but if I ask, I think Eyre would let me sleep on her floor..." Reiji says, trailing off and looking down.

Between the four, there aren't many options.

"If that's alright with you. I hope you don't mind." Yun says before heading off to the bedroom across from Eyre's room, exhausted mentally and physically.

"I'll take a shower first." Reiji proclaims before jumping off the couch and running to the guest bathroom right next to the guest room.

Zeno and Kija blink at each other absentmindedly, trying to figure out what had just happened in the three second time span.

"I-I'll find Eyre so she can tell me where some extra blankets are.. You must be cold at night.." Kija says before standing up from the couch. Now Zeno himself just sits, still rather dumbfound at what had just happened.

"Eyre?" Kija asks softly, his voice as quiet as a feather drifting through the wind. After a whole year, he still remembers the fact that Eyre is an exceptionally light sleeper.

With no answer, Kija fights an evenly matched war within himself. Then knowing that it's been so long since he's been in a room alone with his wife, he decides to open the door.

"Eyre? Are you-" Kija abruptly stops himself, hand still resting on the door handle. he blinks, eyes wide open with wonder, before they soften to the sight.

There Eyre sits, her face on her dozens of papers while her back slowly rises before falling.

Eyre had fallen asleep, over the books and papers on her cluttered desk.

Her mouth is open ever so slightly as she breaths in and out, and her hair was sprawled across her face.

"Eyre's position seems rather uncomfortable..." Kija mutters to himself before a hum of agreement sounds behind him.

"Ah-!" Reiji clamps a hand over the startled drangon's mouth before he could make any loud noise. Reiji then holds a finger to his lips.

"Shh.. You'll wake her." He whispers. Once Reiji feels Kija nod against his hand does he release his grip.

Kija takes a glance at Eyre, then adverts his eyes like a dart when noticing Reiji's unsettling facial appearance. "Does this happen often?" Kija asks.