~ Chapter 8 ~

"You want them to what?" Eyre questions, an eyebrow raised towards Harper.

"Well, we can't always just harbor stranger, y'know? They could at least pay for some rent."

Eyre suddenly scoffs at the idea, "Harper, they have the knowledge of high schoolers. They know nothing of this world!"

Harper tilts her head, "This world?"

"America, I meant America." Eyre clarifies, waving a hand in the air to clear her mistake. Harper nods her head before pulling out a paper from her bag.

"Okay, true enough. But I made a proposition with my parents, and they agreed to it as long as our buddies living with us do." Eyre takes the paper before spreading it over the island bar. Detailed information is written around the building plans, and Eyre can only wonder how Harper got her hands on such plans in a short amount of time.

She pauses for a second, her mind working through kinks and possible downfalls. Harper stares at Eyre, biting her lip a bit.

After a long moment, Eyre sighs, "Harper, this decision isn't up to me. I don't particularly mind, but they have to make up their mind about this."

"Make up their mind about what?" Hak's voice questions, opening the door to the apartment with a spare key. Kija walks in a moment later, immediately giving Eyre a soft smile. Eyre's own gaze- unknown to herself- softens as well; she nods her head in their direction. Harper beams before snatching the piece of paper off the island bar.

She jumps in front of them, "Okay! What do you guys think about a job?"

They look puzzled for a moment, blinking absentmindedly.

"A job?!" Yona cries out, running into the living room. Yun rushes in too.

"What job?! Do we get to work here?! Can Yun and I work too?!" Yona jumps around, eyes glittering. Eyre holds her arms up in mock surrender.

"U-um, well I don't think you or Yun can get a job... You guys may be a bit underage." Immediately, Yona deflates.

"What she means is, that this job requires you to be a bit older. I don't think Yona is particularly underaged. Although, for this job? Yes." Thankfully, Harper kicks in to cheer Yona up a bit. The ravenette tilts a head to the 16 year old.

"Why are you so excited for a job? I mean, if anything a summer job is fine. You wouldn't want one for the school year though. Not unless your time management is incredible." Eyre advises and Yona nods her head.

Hak takes a look at the paper and Kija glances over his shoulder. Kija has to stand on his toes a bit, causing Eyre to giggle softly and turn away. He looks at her before quickly looking back down at the paper; a blush stains his porcelain face.

    How adorable, Eyre gushes.

"A bar?"

"So, like, a tavern?"

Eyre nods her head, gesturing to Harper for a further explanation.

Everyone takes a seat while Harper stays standing. "So I thought it would be better if you guys could get a job, since everyone else in San Francisco is suffering and they also have a job... Anyway! My parents suggested that they build a bar; they want to expand their business, and you guys could be their first employees. Oh, and we already have our alcohol license, ya da ya da." Harper finishes and Eyre nods her head.