~ Chapter 10 ~

Despite everyone hoping that Eyre and Yona would make up (more so Eyre apologizing to Yona), nothing happened. Eyre did her best to keep a distance from Yona.

It's unsettling to everyone.

Chiyuki noticed the discomfort between the two women within a matter of minutes.

"Something happen?" She asks Yun day, the both of them preparing for dinner. They had just gotten home; Eyre left a neat cursive written note explaining that her classes will keep her from cooking dinner. Thankfully, newly bought ingredients are stored in the fridge.

Yun casts Chiyuki a confused glance, his hands rubbing through the lettuce under the stream of water.

"What?"

"Eyre and Yona. They don't talk. More so to each other." Chiyuki points out. Yun sighs, wringing his hands.

He nods his head, "Yeah. Yona was about to bring her bow and arrows to school for archery and Eyre had a fright. They haven't talked since last week."

Chiyuki raises a brow, a bit shocked with the time, "A week?" Yun hums, pulling out cutting boards and knives.

"Yeah... The whole mess about the weapons were solved with the school. Yona has to keep her equipment there. But Eyre hasn't made a move to apologize to Yona."

Chiyuki looks at Yun thoughtfully. The strawberry-blonde genius shifts uncomfortably, not knowing what to do and not knowing what may be going around through Chiyuki's head.

"What?"

Chiyuki pauses, as if carefully picking her words out before mayhem may ensue. "Do you think... Eyre is just giving Yona her... per se, space?"

Yun blinks once, twice, a third time before making a face that pleads for explanation.

Chiyuki begins to explain animatedly, "Well, Eyre's been through the whole high school experience right? And she came from a rich family? And then she left? Sounds to me that this girl may have grown up with too much attention, and only wants to be alone. I don't want to take sides, but sometimes that's how I feel."

Yun purses his lips. Throughout his time with Eyre, she's never been one to stray from the group. Eyre was always with someone, leading conversations or showing them something past their imagination. To hear that she's always wanted to be alone? It's hard to picture.

But now? With the way she's changed?

Yun will believe it in an instant if Eyre were to say so.

~*~

"Zeno's back!"

"Yun, did you make dinner? It smells good!"

The two athletes waltz into the apartment, tired and hungry after a day's hard work. Chiyuki offers the two a smile, hair tied high into a bun.

"Welcome bac-"

"By the way, we have guests."

"What?!" Yun shrieks. Three other people shyly wave, peering through the doorway.

Yun identifies two of them as Sophie and Pandora from last week. Pandora is the first to walk in, her face showing confidence and her shoulders rolled back. Yun can easily say that he's more intimidated that meets the eye.

Sophie trails after her friend, and the minute she understands the fact that she's more than welcome in their apartment, she begins to comment on little things around the room. Her hair is down from its ponytail, springs of locks flying everywhere. They don't seem to bother Sophie, though she's constantly pushing them away from her face.