24: Please mind...Enalie?

a / n

So...hi. Um. Okay. If you read a chapter somewhere before this one, I may have mentioned that PMTG would have 25 chapters and, well, this is the 24th.

IS PMTG ENDING ALREADY!? IS THIS THE SECOND TO THE LAST CHAPTER!? *Home Alone face* O.o

NO:) So SCREW WHATEVER I SAID. I'll probably be having 30 chapters??? IDK. Let's see what happens. In the meantime...

ENJOY PMTG:)

while it lasts... MWAHAHA!

---

24: Please mind... Enalie?

--- pic of Enalie in the media section ---

"Holy shit," Nathan murmured stumbling blindly towards Enalie's bed. "Lia. Enalie. Oh my God."

Enalie stared woozily back at him, blinking her eyes. "Bro," she said weakly. "There's nothing holy about shit."

Nathan was laughing madly now, rubbing a hand through his mussed up brown hair. "Language." He couldn't believe it. This wasn't real. Ha ha, this couldn't be real. He was laughing. Laughing? Laughing, right. Because this was just a dream. Of course.

Ha! I bet if I pinch myself, I'll wake up. This is all a hopeless fantasy created by my desperate brain...

Nathan pinched himself on the arm and winced, glancing around. Everything was there, still the same, right in front of him. It was real. This wasn't a dream. It. Was. Real.

He watched, amazed, as Enalie surveyed the room with wondering chestnut-colored eyes. She stared at the clear tube of dextrose taped to her arm then at the rest of the IV tubes piercing her pale skin. "Wait... Nate, what happened?" she said slowly. Her eyes landed on Teddy and her hands tightened over the hospital blanket covering her her body. "Who's that?" Enalie started to inhale rapidly. "Where am I?"

"You don't remember?" Nathan said numbly. "You don't-"

The lines on the heart monitor beside Enalie's bedside began to spike up in jagged markings. "Nate, why-what's going on? Nathan!"

"Lia, calm down!" Nathan yelled at his panicked sister who was starting to hyperventilate slightly. "Crap... Teddy stay here, I'll get the doctor-"

"No, you stay here," Teddy rushed out. "I'll get the doctor. Calm your sister down while I call him."

"How does she know you?" Enalie breathed, grasping the bed sheets with sheer force. "WHAT'S HAPPENING? WHY AM I IN THE HOSPITAL?"

Teddy had already run out of the room to find Doctor Emery.

Nathan tried to stay relaxed. "Lia, close your eyes..."

"DON'T TELL ME TO CLOSE MY EYES!"

"Close your eyes, Li," Nathan said firmly, keeping his eyes on the heart monitor. The lines were still coming out rapidly and sharp. "Close. Your. Eyes." He enunciated each word clearly, using his I-am-your-older-brother-so-you-must-follow-me tone.

Enalie swallowed and closed her eyes, her hands fidgeting without end. "Closing my eyes won't help, Nate."

Nathan's eyes were glued on the heart monitor. "Do you want a blood vessel to explode due to your high blood act?" He sighed deeply. "Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale."