Horrible Date

You and Joe had decided to go out to eat a restaurant tonight.

"Come on love," he said and opened the bathroom door. You were putting your final touches on your makeup.

"You look beautiful," Joe said and kissed you.

"You're not too bad yourself," you said as you hugged.

"Let's get going," Joe said happily as you followed him up the stairs.

Once you got to the restaurant, you sat down and your waitress came over. Waitress. Not. Good.

She strutted over to your table, swaying hips and all. You could tell this would not end well. You glanced at Joe and saw him checking her out. From there on, neither of you said a word. Joe looked content as he stuffed his face with food while you just picked at yours.

"Is everything okay?" He asked you as he put his hand on yours.

"Yeah, fine," you sighed and took a mouthful of food so you didn't have to speak to him.

"Just tell me when you're ready to go," he said and looked at his empty plate. Clearly feeling confused. You wondered why it wasn't clear to him.

But every time the waitress came back, Joe stared. She had a perfect body, perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect everything. You were just you. It hurt you to watch Joe stare at her. It hurt you so much.

You finished and put your fork and knife down. Joe paid the bill and tipped to waitress. And tipped her good.

You walked out to the car with Joe and he opened the door for you. He came around and started the car. Once the door was closed, he began to question and yell.

"What the bloody hell was that?!" He yelled.

"Are you blind? Are you too blind to see the fact that you stared at her? You're such an asshole sometimes," you huffed.

"God! Why are you always so jealous? It really gets on my nerves. The fact that you can't get over that I looked at her. I didn't check her out. I was looking at her," Joe said rudely.

"You clearly don't know the difference between looking and checking people out," you said, pulling your hair.

"I'm done with this fight. I looked at her. I didn't check her out. Open your god damn eyes Y/N," he huffed and hit the steering wheel.

Your eyes prickled with tears. You wanted to get out of the car and walk home. Leave his disgusting presence.

You pulled your purse into your lap, digging for your earbuds. You eventually found them in the bottom of your purse. You plugged them into your phone and opened your music app. You put all of your one direction music on shuffle. And of course, the song Loved You First came on. It made you start to cry. Joe always used to play this song in the car when you were together. You both always sang. You didn't want to change the song. So you sat there and cried.

Tears flowed from your eyes. Once you pulled into the flat, you got out and went straight to your room. You slammed the door and then locked it. Of course, Joe was too pissed to come down and even ask for clothes to wear to bed. It was obvious that he was going to be sleeping on the couch. And he knew it.

You changed and took off your dress and makeup. You got into bed and let the tears fall. How could he not tell how upset I was. I guess he's too blind you thought to yourself.

With a tear stained face and red puffy eyes, you fell asleep.

You woke up to your phone buzzing. They were texts from Joe. He was "apologizing". Yeet.

You could smell the bacon. You knew he was a suck up. You just didn't want to face him yet. You had an idea to get back at him.

You walked up the stairs in an over sized sweatshirt and some summer short pajama shorts.

You grabbed a glass of water and went over to sit on the couch. You were still pissed. Joe didn't even acknowledge the fact that you were there. He eventually looked up and saw your face. He quietly gasped. He didn't know he had hurt you this much.

"Y/N," he croaked.

"Yeah?" You whispered back. Trying to hold back tears. Just looking at him made you want to cry. He looked like he had been crying too.

"I'm sorry," he said and looked down at his bare feet.

"I'm sorry too," you said.

"You shouldn't be sorry, it was my fault. I didn't know what to do in the situation," he sighed.

"I understand that, but you didn't need to snap at me," you said and stood up, bringing your water with you.

"I know. I'm sorry. Can we just forget it?" He huffed and pulled at his hair

"No, we need to remember what happened because if this happens again, I'm not gonna let you be forgiven so easily and you need to know that," you said seriously.

"Okay then. We won't forget what happened here. But we'll put it in the back of our minds," he said and walked closer to you.

"That's fine. But remember, if this happens again, I'll hate you even more then I did last night," you said and moved closer to him.

"I'm sorry," he said and pulled you into a huge, bone crushing hug. You needed that. You really needed that. It had been a touch week in the first place and he never hugged you like this. You loved it.

"I love you," you mumbled into his chest.

"I love you too baby," he said and chuckled at you.

"Can we eat breakfast now?" You asked him and laughed.

"Of course gorgeous," he said and smashed his lips into yours. The kiss made your stomach erupt into butterflies. You loved it. He made you feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

------

I just wanna tell you guys that I love you so much. Thank you for voting and commenting. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. Thank you. ❤️