Chapter Thirteen

“You look beautiful tonight,” Tobias whispered from behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and bringing her back against his chest.

The stylist, Patricia Delmont, had made quick work of her hair. Smooth, brown locks were piled elegantly on top of her head, a few tendrils in the front creating a soft frame around her made-up face. The stylist had applied blush, eyeshadow that wasn't too noticeable, and some mascara that didn't clump.

Baby pink, strapless and a little higher than knee length, the dresses were just the thing for Karen's bubbly yet tasteful personality. On the waist, hung a black, satin bow that was lose enough to drape gracefully. Silver, high heels adorned her feet, matching the identical silver necklaces around the bridesmaids' necks that had been given to them by Mrs. Mastile

“Thank you." Jane squirmed and turned around to see what he looked like dressed up.

She had been too busy for the past couple of hours to think of anything else but the wedding ceremony. It had gone off without a hitch, which was simply amazing. The ceremony had been exquisite. Outside, there had been rows upon rows of simple, white chairs with pink roses tied to the center of the aisle with black ribbons. It hadn't rained, and the sun had been out in its full glory.

They were currently in the reception hall, waiting for the meal and dances to begin. The introductions had already been made, no speeches to be mentioned. Jane was glad that Karen and Alex had opted to avoid speeches; she was terrible at talking in front of large groups.

In the reception hall, the marbled floors glowed perfectly onto the golden leaf tables that had white linen draped over them. Baby pink roses had been twisted together to form five foot tall trees on every single table. And there were a lot of tables to accommodate the multitude of guests.

“Uh, uh, uh,” he playfully tsked in her ear, nipping and licking at the lobe. “I haven't gotten to talk to you practically all day. Let's just talk.”

“Well, we can talk face to face,” she countered and wriggled in his grasp until he let her turn around.

What she saw took her breath away. A plain white, button down shirt was rolled up to the sleeves, revealing his tanned, muscular arms. Black dress pants encased his legs and led down to a pair of formal dress shoes. A pink tie that was about one shade off from her dress's color lay flat against his shirt.

“You look snazzy,” she teased him, playing with the silkiness of the tie. “How's that for talking?”

He tilted her head up with the tip of his fingers, making her look into his icy grey-blue eyes. “I suppose that will have to do. I wasn't planning on talking that much tonight anyways.”

Leaning down, he brushed his lips against hers, just barely making any contact with her. He pulled back about a second later, that familiar heat of desire in his eyes. “Are you sure I'm allowed to sit by you? I'm not even part of Alex's groomsmen people.”

“Don't worry." Jane patted his rough cheek reassuringly. “There's a whole system to this. See that table over there?” She pointed to the small circular table that was by far the most intricate in the entire room.

It was the only one on top of the stage and had a canopy of roses above it, creating a very romantic setting for Karen and Alex, the only two who would be sitting there.

“Yes, that's a table,” he said slowly, most likely questioning her sanity.

“That table is where only Alex and Karen will be sitting. I know, it's kind of different, but that's how they wanted it. Mrs. Mastile still wanted the seating arrangements followed correctly, and I already asked if you could sit in between me and her. I told her that you worked on mansions, so you two will have something to talk about.”