Chapter Forty-Nine

Hey,
You're crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on.

The hard rock music from the juke box invaded Tobias's ears, the bass of deep vocals making his heart thrum along to an insatiable beat. Tapping his fingers to the heavy, fast-paced rhythm, he stared down into his shot of Jacket Daniels, interested in how the ice cubes had all but disappeared.

He hadn't touched a drop from the alcoholic shot for the past few hours that his ass had been occupying one of torn chairs at the scuffed, dilapidated bar. A bead of condensation followed its predecessors, creating a transparent pool on the dark wood beneath the shot glass. In the gathering of moisture, his face was reflected back to him.

Cringing, the same face cringed right back at him, highlighting bags under his eyes and the paleness of his frowning face. His eyes were even worse. Missing the light that was there ever since he had been a little boy, their gray-blue patterning was devoid of any feeling, leaving his eyes to look only a dull gray.

A small hand lightly caressed his shoulder then, its slender fingertips reminding him of the light, delicate hand that had stroked, massaged, and soothed every single inch of his body. But she wasn't here for him anymore; she never would be. The whiskey looked a hell of a lot more appealing now.

“Hello there,” the owner of the same hand still making love to his shoulder smiled, a slight, foreign accent to her voice.

Eyes the color or a sea-blue green and hair a light, tawny blonde radiated in front of him. The young woman's cheekbones were sharp and high, giving way to large, full lips that any sane man would beg to just say their name. Exactly the opposite of her, the woman was much prettier, and for some reason was showing interest in him.

“Hey,” he smiled lightly, jumping a little when her hot palm slid up his jean clad thigh.

“I'm Renée. And your name?”

Those tempting, little fingers crawled up his thigh even farther until she was nearly cupping him, “T-Tobias.”

“Alright, Tobias,” a small smile graced her perfect lips, revealing teeth straighter and whiter than even hers, “how about you and I go just down the hall to the owner's office. It's unlocked.”

“I, uh...I,” he garbled, needing to feel alive again and yet knowing that he never would without her.

The blonde goddess leaned forward in between his open legs, whispering lightly into his ear, “Please, Tobias,” his name rolled off her tongue just right, “I've been watching you all night. You are a different man. It is my wish to experience someone different.”

“Alright-t,” he nodded shakily, allowing her to grab his hand and drag him across the seedy bar, down the hall, and into the small office.

Tobias barely registered a small, wooden desk, a leather chair, and a flower-patterned couch before those greedy lips were on his own. Closing his eyes, he allowed the blonde woman to expertly ravage his mouth with a sweet tasting tongue. Maybe, if he closed his eyes hard enough, the blonde would suddenly transform into her.

And just like that, he was harder than steel. Growling and purring sexy sounds, the woman leaned back against the couch until they were both lying down with him on top. He was now in between her spread legs, the hem of her already short skirt rising even more so as he moved against her center. His arms caged her, and he needed her to know that he was the one in control.

She sucked on his lower lip with tiny teeth, quickly undoing his belt buckle, and before he knew it, his jeans were around his booted feet and a condom was being thrust at him. With shaky hands, Tobias unwrapped the foil packet and slid the protection around his length – an action that was extremely hard to accomplish with eyes still slammed shut.