Chapter Eighteen

“Hey, Tobias,” Alex Mastile greeted him, holding the glass door open in invitation.

Surprised beyond belief that someone as wealthy as Alex would remember his name, Tobias could only stutter, “Oh, h-hi. It's nice to meet you again.”

“They should be down in a few. It was so weird though. Jane just came over, and then they locked themselves in the bathroom. Is that normal?”

Tobias chuckled, glad that the man could make people feel so at ease. “You're asking me how to figure a woman out?”

“You're right,” Alex said, motioning for him to follow him back into the kitchen. “I should never ask somebody to figure out the impossible. Would you like a drink?”

“Could I just have some water?” he asked, taking time to admire the small, beautiful details of the kitchen. He was pretty sure that just their kitchen cost more than his house.

Granite countertops, a stainless steel refrigerator with double doors, mahogany wood chairs polished to perfection, and mosaic walls were what made up the elegant kitchen. A rack of fine wine covered one side of the kitchen, some of the bottles collecting dust on their shiny, foil wrappers. They even had a golden-leaf painted chandelier hanging over the large, wooden kitchen table.

“Here ya go.” Alex smiled, sliding over a large crystal glass full of the cooling liquid.

“Thanks." He smiled back, taking a sip of the water. “Nice place by the way.”

“Thank you, would you like to take a look around? I can give you a tour if you'd li-”

From right above them, they heard a door click shut and two pairs of feet walking slowly to the stairs. He and Alex both exchanged confused looks before quietly making their way over to the white carpeted stair case in the living room. What awaited him at the top of those stairs practically gave him a heart attack – but mostly just a raging hard-on that could not be willed away.

Jane began walking down the stairs as he catalouged every detail of the beautiful woman approaching him. Cherry red high heels adorned her feet, accentuating her slim but toned calves. The dress itself was more of a scrap of red and black material as it clung to her every curve, literally leaving nothing to the imagination. The very top and the straps that were made to rest just below the shoulders were black, the rest of the dress – which wasn't very much – was red and came to rest at the top of her delicious thighs.

Her hair was curled, each delicate swirl falling gracefully to just above the middle of her back. Only wearing the light mascara that he always saw her in, she looked as stunning as the first day he had met her. Small, silver earrings dangled from her ears, emphasizing the shine in her warm, brown eyes. Everything about her, the way she was dressed and the way she was looking at him, just screamed sex.

“Wow,” he breathed as soon as she finished her heavenly descent. “I don't think beautiful is a good enough word to describe you.”

She blushed. “Thank you, and I think the same can be said for you." 

Dry-mouthed and having lost the ability to speak, he spared a glance to his apparel. Clad in plain, black dress pants, a white button-down shirt with a silver tie, and his normal black dress shoes, he didn't think he looked anything special, but he would take a compliment from her any day. As he expected, his erection was straining through his pants, and he folded his hands in front of himself to cover up.

He heard more than saw as Alex and Karen moved into the kitchen, Karen wearing a huge smile on her face. Without another word, he linked his arm with hers, walking to the truck in silence. With every click and every clack of her heels, his pulse kicked up another notch. And then another, pounding away at a tempo so fast he was surprised he was still walking.