Chapter Fourty-Five

Hey, guys, just another heads up. This chapter contains self-harm content, and if you are easily triggered or uncomfortable reading that please once again make sure you are reading somewhere you know you'll be safe or don't read this chapter at all. Lots of love.

I open my eyes, half blinded by the light, the pressure still on my chest from the weight of Dallas's body pressed against mine.

"Dal," I pat his back, "Dal, are you awake?"

His silence responds and as he shifts I notice his drool dripping down my neck. I sigh and let myself relax, ignoring the saliva puddling around me. I begin counting the seconds that pass as they turn into minutes. After growing restless, I think of different ways to wake Dallas up.

I pat his back again in a certain rhythm, like playing the drums. Dal doesn't budge. I twist and turn underneath him, hoping my movement will wake him. Once again, he doesn't budge.

"Dallas," I tap his back once more, "Dally, please wake up," I give up after a while of playing the beat of A Mess Of Blues on his back. I close my eyes and let out a long breath, not wanting to be given the time to think about everything.

"What time is it?" Dallas asks sleepily out of no where, his voice humming against my neck.

"I don't know," I open my eyes and look over to the window, happy morning light streams past the crack between the curtains, "when'd you wake up?"

"When you started playing the fuckin' drums on my back," he grumbles.

I laugh a little, "oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine," he rolls off of me and onto the bed, "I'm takin' you to some different places today," he says between yawns.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"You'll see," Dallas nods, trying to rub the sleep from his eyes. He fumbles over me to get out of bed and as he stretches he says, "so come on, get your lazy ass out of bed." I pull the blanket over my head and use it to wipe the spit still on my neck off as the warmth and darkness comes down around me, "come on, Em," Dal tugs at the blanket but I keep it tight around me, "aren't you hungry? I'm starved," he pulls the blanket again, harder this time, "let's go get something to eat."

"Can't we just stay here?" I feel as if the weight of the world is upon me.

"You can't stay in bed forever," He says. I wish I could. After a little longer of pulling and tugging, the sheets fly away from me and the sudden cold nags me with its presence. I shudder and run my hands over my arms.

"Dal," I say, sure that I don't want to think anymore, "do you have any more of those pills you gave me?"

"Yeah," he nods.

"Can I have some?"

"No," He pulls his jacket off of the floor

"Why not?"

"That's a one time thing only. I won't have you gettin' hooked and then lookin' for other things to boost your spirits."

"But I don't feel good." I say in honesty, "my legs hurt."

"That's too bad," he shakes his head,pulling his jacket on, "get up and get a move on. We're goin' to get breakfast."

Reluctantly, I get out of bed, grab my bag and wander off to the bathroom, a million thoughts running through my head. My own mind turns against itself as I close the bathroom door behind me.

I wish you were dead.

I never thought one person could be so stupid.

Holy fuck, you're ugly.