Chapter Eleven

"Afternoon," Ponyboy says as he walks through the door.

"Good afternoon. How was school?"

"Boring," he sighs, "but at least there was someone there to make it," he searches for the right word, "interesting."

"And would that someone be your girlfriend?" He nods with a big, goofy smile on his face. They've been inseparable all week, any excuse they can have to be right next to each other will be used. I'm just glad they keep the kissing to a minimal when around Darry. I stand up and grab a few pieces of trash off of the table as Ponyboy goes into his bedroom to get started on his homework. Moving into the kitchen, I throw away the trash and wipe down the counter. I've been trying to keep the house clean since my stay is long over kept.

"Hey, Em," Two-bit says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Hey," he sits on the table as I move over to the fridge, "you know, there are chairs for a reason."

"Chairs are overrated." He says sarcastically. I laugh lightly before he asks, "will you hand me a beer?"

"Sure," I nod, handing him a can from the icebox. After a while of blankly staring at the contents, I close the door, deciding that I don't deserve to eat anyways.

"Having a party without me?" Dallas says as he walks through the front door.

"Well, it's just not a party without you, Dallas." I say, putting on a fake smile. He pulls me by the waist and presses a sloppy kiss to my mouth.

"Excuse me?" Two says. Dallas keeps me wrapped in his arms as he looks up at Two-bit. "We have a small variety of rooms, can I perhaps bring you to one? It might be difficult to lead you there because I was just blinded."

"Oh I'm sorry, does that hurt your eyes?" I ask, Two-bit nods. I stand on my tiptoes to kiss Dallas again. As we kiss I can hear Two-bit making puking noises. I release Dallas and take a step back.

"There you are your majesty, now I can't be within six inches of her." Dallas says as Two-bit hops down off of the table.

"You're right. It's not like you can get that far anyways. Got coke?" Two-bit's face is smug as he walks out of the kitchen. I burst out laughing, Dallas just glares at me.

"Yeah go ahead. Keep laughing, I just won't take you to that dance they're having at the park." I immediately stop.

"Dance? You bring me there?" I laugh again. He grunts and turns away.

"Yeah, if you would just stop laughing. Shit man, thought you were nice or sum'."

"I'm sorry," I sigh, still smiling, "when is the dance?"

"This Friday."

"Three days huh? That doesn't give me enough time to get something to wear."

"Oh well, you don't have to wear anything if you don't want to." He winks, perhaps this whole dance thing is just a quick and easy way in to my pants. I sigh again, "Alright," he nods, "I'm gonna go say hello to Buck. Haven't seen him in a while." He leaves without another word.

"You really like him don't you?" Two-bit asks.

"It's that obvious?" I say sarcastically. He laughs, "so would you like to help me pick out a dress?"

"Sure?"

"Good, go grab Ponyboy please," I bite my lip, "I'd like to get going now." He shrugs and walks down the hallway to get Ponyboy.

Sodapop and Steve walk in the front door as I pull on my shoes.

"Where are you going?" Soda asks.