Chapter Seven

"Emily Marie," Darry says, staring at me, "what man's clothes are you wearing?" I shrug. "You don't know?"

"No, I know," I say, playing with the sleeves of the sweater, trying to seem as if I'm relaxed.

"Then, who does that belong to?"

"Dallas," I respond simply, waiting for him to get angry.

Darry merely sighs and says, "just be careful, and when you're heart gets broken, don't invite me to your pity party." He leaves the kitchen, leaving me in a state of subtle shock. I know he means well, but he doesn't have the best way of doing it.

"Hey, Emily," Pony's voice calls out from the living room, "I want you to meet someone." I walk out of the kitchen to see Pony standing with a girl his age. She has bright blue eyes framed by glasses and long brown hair. She wears jeans that are ripped at the knees from wearing the fabric out, her t-shirt hangs loosely from her shoulders and rings glimmer on her fingers. "Emily, this is Morgan. Morgan, this is Emily."

"It's nice to meet you," I smile at her.

"It's nice to meet you too." She nods.

Ponyboy sits back down on the couch, Morgan joining him. She turns up the radio. "I love this song." Pony, hesitantly puts his arm around her shoulders.

'You'll never know how much I love you. You'll never know how much I really care. Listen, do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell? Woah... Closer. Let me whisper in your ear. Say the words I love to hear. I'm in love with you.'

I smile at the couple and sit down on the arm chair. I hear the front door knob rattle and I am glad to see Two-Bit walk in. His presence makes things lighter, and his sometimes shitty, sometimes funny jokes seem to make the world go round.

"Hey Emily, it's good to see you happy again." He says before stopping and giving me a curious look, "in Dally's clothes?"

I laugh, "somethin' like that."

He shrugs and closes the door. Nodding to Morgan and Ponyboy he asks, "you finally meet the love birds?" Two-Bit sits on the arm of the chair.

"Yep," I respond, nodding.

"Morgan digs alright," he says, "she's pretty tuff."

--

•Two-Bit's perspective•

"You seem in an awful good mood, Dally," I note, glancing over at him.

He shrugs and lets a smirk stretch across his face, "well, I ain't feelin' bad."

"That's always good to hear. Hey Dal," I say as we approach the drug store, "I'm all for fun in games and thievin' and all, but I've seen the fuzz hanging around here lately. Maybe today's not a good day to start trouble. I don't think your new love interest," I poke fun, "would be happy to hear you've been arrested."

He waves his hand, "whatever, man. With the pigs around it just makes it more fun."

"Me and you are on the same page when it comes to thrill seekin', but I still think what I said." I respond, stopping in front of the store's doors.

"Maybe you're right for once, Keith," he jokes, "I've got some change on me anyways. You want somethin' to drink?"

"Sure," I nod as he opens the door to head in, "Coke is always good."