Friends and Family

My New Year's resolution: Be more active on Wattpad

I would recommend that you read the last few chapters as a refresher before reading this one since it has been a long time

I apologize for any spelling/grammatical errors

Connie leaves and Steven is left with his thoughts. All this stress is coming at him so quickly and it's hard for him to process. He's lost in thoughts, scared, and vulnerable, until Amethyst breaks his focus. "What are you doing Steven? Staring off into space? Pearl does that too after I win an argument," She says full of herself. "I'm scared," he starts, " I don't know what's coming at us. I don't know how powerful it can be and it scares me to think that the innocent people living here in Beach City might have to go through pain if we're not careful. Seeing the people I care about, Lars, Sadie, my dad, ...Connie, I can only think of their safety at this point." "Woah woah woah, Steven, let's get I to the deeper and darker stuff later. We shouldn't be too worried unless we know the full power of the new evil." Amethyst says while getting a bag of chips. "I can kind of agree with you, but  I hate the fact that this evil could come here at any point, is being ready or not, haunts me." Steven replies. Amethyst manages to open the bag of chips, and offers Steven a chip. He accepts it as she speaks again, " I worry about that too but we just have to take the time we have to relax. Maybe you should go do that with some of your friends before things get too serious with the mystery realm. Garnet is out right now trying to see what we can do." Steven nods and heads for the town.

Steven walks into The Big Donut to pick up a donut, of course, and a small coffee. After Steven orders, he sits down at the one table they have in the building and he stays quiet until Sadie breaks the silence. "What did you do last night Steven? You have big rings under your eyes." Steven perked up a bit, now realizing he hasn't done anything to take care of himself today. "I'm fine Sadie, just had a weird dream," he says lying. He doesn't want anyone to worry about what's going on quite yet. "Just a rough night?" Sadie asks. Steven nods. Lars walks in from the break room and says, "Did you change Steven? I hope you did, you're a lot quieter now." Lars smirks and Sadie punches his shoulder.  "Have you changed Lars, or are you still a rude and immature teenager?" Lars gives Steven a glare while Steven raises his eyebrow at him as to say "I win." Sadie also sits behind the counter turning red from holding in her laughter. Lars walks back to the break room flustered and humiliated and Steven finished his donut. "Could I have another donut Sadie? I'm visiting my dad today." He asks. "Sure!" Sadie replies. Steven gets his dad's donut and his coffee, and heads for the door to go to the car wash.

Steven arrives at the car wash and sees his dad listening to music on full blast with his headphones. Steven grabs the spare hose and sprays water at his dad. Greg freaks out for a bit until he realizes he's being messed with. Greg almost fights back until he sees the donut bag. He gives Steven a look as if he knows :P Greg opens his van and sits down with his son. Steven gives the donut bag to his dad. Greg takes a couple bites before he asks Steven why he's visiting.

"Lots of crazy things are going on lately and I just want to spend time with you before things get out of hand." Steven tells his dad

Greg gives Steven a couple pats on the back. "Speaking of crazy things," he started, "Looks like it's rush hour."

"Want some help?" Steven asks. Greg nods and they both get to work.

Steven was enjoying his quality time with his dad, just like he used to when he was a little kid. He spent the rest of the day with his dad. He said goodbye when the sun went down to go home and get some rest. As he walks up the ramp(?) to the house, he notices Pearl standing on the deck, staring out into the ocean. Steven walks up to her and asks why she's outside. She explains that Garnet went out, searching for clues about what is haunting Steven. He then walks up to his room, flops on his bed, and falls asleep right then and there.

Hey! I'm so so so so so sorry that I haven't been active. I hope that can change in the future :)