EPILOUGE

" bear !!! " a small pretty girl points to the window and presses her face against the glass . her mother smiles and picks her up . a passer by walks past and sees the scars on the inside of her hand. the passer-by smiles slightly to herself. how strong this woman is. she got over her demons and now is living happily. what the passer-by doesnt know is that the mother never got over her demons. its because she doesnt remember them , they dont come back to haunt her. kyl slings his shoulder over the mother.
" go in and buy it for her."
" honestly , kyl. its like she isnt your responsibility too. " Winter cheekily says. she goes into the shop however , following to her husbands wishes. she fails to see a tall , good-looking guy reflected on the window pane . if one looked closely enough, you could see his face scrunching up slightly. kyl though , see the guy and waves him over. the man crosses the road and takes a seat next to kyl.

" we havent seen each other for a long time , " kyl states. minghao softly hums in reply. " you're married to her ?" kyl nods. " we grew back together, like pieces of a puzzle." minghao merely nods.

winter comes out with her daughter who's arms are busy trying to hold the bear. she drops it because its too big for her small arms. minghao picks it up and hands it back to winter.

" thanks !! " winter then turns to kyl and points to minghao. " you know him ?" kyl slowly nods ,trying to search winters face for any sign of recognition. but he finds none.
" hi , im his wife" winter says , oblivious to her curious husband and trembling minghao.

minghao pov

she doesnt remember me. i know before kyl gives me a slight shake of his head. i sigh.

winter has become different though. she is happier, more lively. and i dont see any new scars on her hand either. her old scars are all fading away. just like how the past is fading out of our lives , whether we want it to or not.

back-to-original pov

kyl tells winter something and she takes the child and heads back to the shop to get her husband a cake. kyl turns back to minghao. "maybe its time to let go. as time changes , the puzzle changes. maybe youre really not fit for each other anymore."

winter returns back and the small family walk back to their hotel. kyl turns back and gives minghao a meaningful look.

and as minghao increases the gap between him and the small family , he feels the pain in chest subside gradually , with every step he takes.

puzzle pieces sometimes fit at first . but when the bigger picture changes , some pieces dont fit anymore .

like how two people can love each other but are not meant to be .

a/n: this ff has ended :"(( yay or nay idk but im glad i finished it before sch starts : )))