Chapter 7

Dan's POV

Seeing Phil had been a surprise, I really had expected him to just deal with the situation in his own way. But when he said he actually wanted me to help him work through it, and that we could work through it together, it made me feel like I really could have an impact on him.

We walked, Phil slightly ahead of me, back to the apartment but I was dreading arriving. As soon as we arrived, we would have to face the drawing again then everything would come flooding back.

For a few minutes, we walked in complete silence until we came to the apartment and we both stopped in our tracks.

I could see Phil just trying to relax himself as he took deep breaths.

I knew I had to try and reassure him in some way, but I wasn't exactly sure how I could be of any help.

I placed my hand on his shoulder for a moment, and said,
"Don't worry, Phil. We can get through this,"

He looked back at me as if to see if really meant it and I smiled at him. He smiled back then nodded and I took my hand off his shoulder then we both faced our home once again.

I decided that maybe I should go in first and so I got the keys from Phil and walked in. Slowly, I walked up the stairs in anticipation of what I knew I would have to face.

I entered the kitchen and could see the drawing laying flat on the counter. I took in a deep breath and walked over to it, momentarily glancing at it but then flipping it over so it was face down.

Phil came in, and seemed to be trying to be brave and look at the drawing once again but realised that I had turned it over and sighed in relief.

"What are we going to do now, Dan?" Phil asked me, looking at me, his face more pale than usual.

"I know, we have to talk about this," I replied, "But let's at least go sit down,"

Phil nodded then walked over to the living room and sat on the floor. I was about to sit opposite him until he patted the space next to him so I ended up sitting right next to him.

"What are we going to do?" Phil asked me, continuing the conversation he had started.

"I don't know, but we need to figure out what this means first," I answered him.

"We know what this means, Dan! It means that we can't live here anymore!"

Of course, I had already realised this, but with Phil saying it out loud, it made it so much more real.

"I know that... So what are we going to do now, Phil?"

He looked down and started to play with his fingers, fiddling wit them. It seemed like he was thinking so I wasn't going to rush him even though we both knew the answer.

"I guess we'll have to move..." I quietly said.

Phil, however, didn't react. Just continued to looked down. Of course, we both knew this would have such a big effect on us.

But we had to accept it, that we would have to move. And find a way to carry on. But at least we would have each other when we did.

~~~~~~~~~
Hello it's meme.

School has started again so I might not be updating as often and I also have a lot of tests coming up.

I'll try my best. <3