Chapter 16

Phil's POV

What had just happened? In all the time I've known and been living with Dan, I'd never seen him break down like that. Crying and crying, shaking uncontrollably, it was terrifying for me to see him like that.

No one wants to see someone they care about in such a state, completely broken down. But I helped him best as I could, trying to comfort him, telling him it was okay because I was there. I meant everything I said and I hoped I made it somehow better.

Dan was still sitting on the bathroom floor but he was no longer crying, instead he was looking  at me smiling. We were both cross-legged, only perhaps a few inches apart from each other just staring contently at one another.

His cheeks were stained with his tears; I brought my thumb up wiping them away and even holding his face for a second just to really comfort and reassure him.

He giggled, looking down as I wiped his tears. His eyes were still red and puffy but at least he was smiling and that was such a relief after the state I'd just seen him in.

I stood up slowly then put my hand out to him and he took it, standing up.

"Phil, I'm sorry you had to s..." Dan began but I knew what he was going to say to me. That he was sorry I found him like that and he was grateful, but I didn't need to hear that.

"Shhh.. Dan... I know don't worry," I told him gently.

I grabbed him by the wrist gently then led him to the living room and sat him down on the sofa.

"Sit," I said quietly.

I went over to my room and took one of the blankets I had and brought it to him, draping it around him and even tucking it in slightly.

He sat there, seeming slightly confused at what I was doing but I continued anyways. Quickly I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water along with some chocolate.

I returned back to Dan, putting the bottle of water next to him along with the chocolate bar. Finally, I went to the TV and set up something I knew would lighten his mood and hopefully make him feel better. After setting it up I grabbed the remote then moved back over to him.

He looked so calm after the incident that just occurred and it made me feel so warm and fuzzy on the inside. (yo vid reference)

I sat on the sofa next to him, taking some of the covers and wrapping it around myself as well, the body heat between us and the blanket making it cosy.

I hit play and it started.

"Winnie The Pooh?" Dan said in almost shock, smiling, and he began laughing right after.

"PHILL!!" He half whined half joked.

"Oh, shut up its your favourite," I joked back.

Dan just shook his head but didn't watch the show straight away and I could feel his eyes on me so I looked over to him, our faces only a few centimetres apart.

He looked down at my lips then back up to my eyes and leaned in. I didn't know what to do. Instead, I went with my instincts and let it happen, melting into the kiss with Dan's soft lips against mine.

It lasted for no longer than 3 seconds but it felt like more than that. It felt like everything and nothing at the same time. Gentle as if we'd barely kissed, but also more than I could even comprehend.

He pulled away first and looked down at his lap, biting his lip, as if to say "oops".

Where did we go from here?

~~~~~~~
YO GUYS AYY. so sorry I haven't had internet for like a month because I've moved houses !! This is a bit of a filler chapter but I just really wanted to give you guys something new to read.

hopefully you enjoyed it and I get wifi on Monday so I'll probably update then. If I haven't updated in a while feel free to remind me in the comments or on my wall because it really helps sorry I'm so forgetful.

-actual trash can me