Chapter 1

It has been three days. She has walked in every night around 8 o'clock, sat in the same corner table, ordered the same drink, and grades papers. I knew she had to be a teacher. She always had her red pen in her hand and when she was thinking she would tap the pen against her chin. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She was always dressed to impress. A pencil skirt and blouse or dress pants, shirt, and blazer. She wore heels that had to at least be five or six inches tall. The make-up on her face was very subtle. There was nothing dark on her face except her lipstick. Her lipstick was a bright red and fit her so well. The only thing I couldn't see was her eyes. I was dying to know what color her eyes were. This woman was gorgeous. I just didn't know her name.
        I wanted to learn everything about her. Where she was from, where she works, the color of her eyes, her hopes, her dreams, what she did for fun, her favorite color, and just anything she wanted to share with me. I just needed to talk to her, but she would probably just shrug me off or not care. My god, she was so beautiful, but I couldn't find the courage to talk to her. I am a man who is 32 years old and can't even talk to a woman. I don't know why, but she just made me nervous. Tonight was going to be different. I was going to talk to her. It had to be fate because tonight she was the last one in the bar. It was a Wednesday night and I closed at midnight. Here is was 11:58 and she was still grading. She hasn't ever stayed this late.
        "She is late today. Go talk to her." John said.
        "I will. I mean I am just give me a minute." I said.
        "I'm heading out. See you tomorrow." John says walking out.
I smiled and turned back to see her still buried in her grading. I finished cleaning the bar and cleaned my hands. I took a deep breath and walked up to her table. She didn't even look up when I approached her. I cleared my throat and she lifted a finger up.
        "Just a second." She said.
I smiled slightly and just waited patiently.
        "Can I help--." she stopped mid-sentence while scanning the room. "Oh my god. I didn't know you were closing. I'm so sorry." She says gathering her things.
        "It's okay. I own the place and if you aren't finished what you are doing feel free to finish. Can I get you anything?" I ask smiling. I was literally shaking on the inside.
        "I really don't want to impose. I'm sure you would like to get home." She says.
        "I promise it's really okay. Do you mind me asking what you are intently reading?" I ask smiling.
        "Well, thank you." She says smiling. My god her smile was gorgeous. It was big and it was so bright it could light up the world. She started to talk, but I beat her to it.
        "Your smile is beautiful." I say smiling. "Oh, I'm sorry. That was a bit forward." I say nervously running my hand through my hair.
        She chuckled. "It's okay. That was really sweet and thank you. It is nice to get a compliment sometimes."
        "You are very welcome. My name is Robin." I say holding out my hand.
        She smiles. "I'm Regina." She says shaking my hand.
        "It's very nice to meet you Regina. Can I get you anything while you finish your work?" I ask.
        "A glass of water, if you don't mind." She says shrugging.
        "Absolutely, I'll be right back." I say smiling. She smiles back and I turn to walk back to the bar. I get a bottle of water from the fridge and two glasses. I fill one with ice and pour the water into the other. I walk back to the table and she is buried into her papers again. I pulled up a chair across from her. "Water and a glass of ice." I say setting them down.
        "Thank you." She grabs the cup of ice and put a couple into the water.
        "Are you a teacher?" I ask.
        "Oh yes I am. You asked me that earlier and I forgot to tell you. Anyway, yes I am a literature teacher and I also teach a special poetry class for a handful of hardworking students." She says closing her pen.
        "Why is it special?" I ask curiously.
        "I have a masters in literature, but I had a bachelors in poetry. Poetry has always meant a lot to me and I have always found a deeper meaning in them. Don't get me wrong, I love literature, but there has always been something about poetry." She says smiling. "I actually went back to school and completed my masters in poetry. It was probably the best decision I have ever made, but now that I have bored you to death." She says chuckling.
        "No, I actually found it quite fascinating." I say smiling.
        "What's so fascinating about a 30-year-old woman who spent almost her entire life in school." She says chuckling,
        "It's fascinating because you found something you are passionate about. I think once you find your passion, life becomes everything you wanted it to be and more." I say seriously.
        "Wow, I have never thought of it that way." She says putting her hair behind her ear.
        "Now, you have a new way to look at it then." I say smiling.
        "I really appreciate it, thank you." She says smiling.
        "You never told me what was so special about this poetry class you teach." I say chuckling.
        Then she laughed and it was the most beautiful sound in the world. "It is an advanced class. I am very strict with my grading and we have discussions every class. They get very detailed and sometimes there are arguments, but I love everything about it." She says giving a relieved sigh.
        "Sounds like you are pretty happy with your life." I say smiling.
        She smiles back and I was so caught up in her warm brown eyes that I didn't notice she packed her stuff. She stands up and I quickly follow suit. "Yeah, maybe I am. There might be something missing though." She says shrugging. "Thank you for letting me stay and for the water." She says walking to the front of the bar.
        "Anytime. If something is missing, maybe you will find it sooner than you think." I say following her to lock up.
        "Maybe I will. Goodnight Robin." She says walking out the door.
        I grab the door. "Goodnight Regina." I say peaking my head out of the door. She turns around and smiles. I smile back and watch her walk out of sight.

A/N: Please Let me know what you think! I was a little nervous about posting too soon, but I hope you like it! If anyone would like to make a cover picture for my story I would be forever grateful! Please and Thank you! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Mwah💋

Morgan