Chapter 16

Today marks three months for Robin and I and I have been looking forward to this day. After we had our first fight on our two-month anniversary, I wanted to make it up to him. I had planned the evening and Robin was going to pick me up at 6 o'clock sharp First, we would go for a walk on the beach just like we did on our second date. We would walk and have good conversation and watch the sunset. Then we would head to dinner. I chose a quiet little whole in the wall restaurant. Somewhere we could sit at a table in the corner and be cute and share sweet innocent kisses. He also insisted I spend the night at his place. He wanted to play hostess for the night, so I had agreed. When we got to his place we would enjoy an evening in with a glass of wine. We never lacked in conversation so we would probably talk and then spend the rest of the night in each other's arms. I had told him my plan over the phone last night where he told me it was an excellent idea and that he could not wait to see me.

I am standing in front of my mirror in the black dress that Robin says he loves on me at exactly 5:45. He says it's his favorite and that it takes his breath away when he sees me in it. That is why I am wearing it tonight. It makes me feel beautiful and Robin always tells me. He never forgets to tell me every time he sees me. I could be in her pajamas and he will tell me how beautiful I am. The thought makes me smile. Robin had texted me about 10 minutes ago saying that he couldn't wait to see me and that he loves me. I responded with a smile on my face saying I was almost ready and I loved him so much too. I looked at the clock and saw it was just after 6. I hurriedly put my shoes on, grabbed my phone and headed down the stairs.

I decided to sit on the couch while I waited. I was so caught up in my Instagram feed that I lost track of time. It was already 6:25. I opened my messages, but received nothing from Robin. So, I called him.

The call went straight to voicemail. "Hey, babe, it's me. I was just wondering where you were. We were supposed to go watch the sunset, but no big deal. Just let me know where you are. I'm worried. I love you."

I wasn't too worried, but it has been a whole 40 minutes since he texted me the first time. I was honestly really looking forward to watching the sunset like we did on our second date, but we can do that tomorrow or any day really. So, I just sat and waited for a text or call. I turned on the television and turned on the news. The weather came on and traffic. They even had a picture of the sunset on the beach. I looked at my phone again and it was 6:45. Now, I was really worried, so I called him again.

"Hey, babe it's me again. I'm really worried about you. Plus, I really miss you and want to see you. If you could just call me or text me because I'm on the verge of tears and I know you don't like to see me cry. So, please just call me. I love you." I say hanging up.

I waited another five minutes and I heard my phone ring. I quickly picked it up off the table. It was a random number, but maybe his phone broke or something. I quickly answer it.

"Robin?" I say.

"No, ma'am. This is Nurse Megan of the Destin Memorial Hospital Emergency Room. I am looking for a Miss Regina." The woman on the phone says.

"This is Regina." I say as tears start streaming down my face.

"Are you Robin Locksley's girlfriend?"

"Yes, I am. Please tell me he is okay." I say shakily.

"They have just rushed him into a trauma room ma'am. If you would like to come in he was asking for you before he lost consciousness again." She says.

"I am on my way. Thank you." I say hanging up the phone. I grabbed my purse and keys and flew out the door. I have never driven so fast in my entire life. The hospital was at least 25 minutes away depending on traffic. Today must have been a semi good day for me because I made it in 15 minutes. I rush into the emergency room with tears streaming down my face. I run up to the desk and ask for the nurse I spoke to on the phone. She was nice enough to walk me up to the third floor where I could wait for Robin.