Chapter 12

It was a Thursday afternoon and it was almost 4 so I was hoping she was home already. I click her name in my phone and it starts ringing.

She picks up on the second ring. "Hey, sweetheart."

"Hey, babe. What are you doing?"I ask curiously.

"I am just getting home so I was about to change my clothes. What are you doing?"

"I am laying on my sofa talking to you."I say smiling.

"Oh, sounds fun."I hear her chuckle. "So, what's up?"

"I was calling to ask you if you had plans on Saturday night."

"I do not."

"Well, I was going to ask you to dinner, but my sister called about 20 minutes ago and asked me to watch Roland for her because they have some party to go to."

"Well then I guess that blew your plan."She says chuckling.

"I actually have a proposition for you."

"Do tell."I could hear her smile.

"I was hoping you would come over and hangout with me and Roland. They are dropping him off for 6 and he will probably be asleep no later than 9 and we can have the rest of the night to ourselves."I say happily.

"That sounds fun. I can meet you at your apartment."She says.

"Really? I thought that was going to have to really talk you into that."I say chuckling.

"Robin, you know I love kids and Roland is such a sweet little boy. I think it will be fun. As long as dinner is included."She says laughing.

"Yes, dinner is on me and dessert might be you."

"I can practically see you smirking." She says chuckling. "I guess we'll just have to see how dinner goes."

"Roland's mother is bringing McDonald's for him, so how does Chinese sound?"

"Sounds great. Sweet and sour chicken is my favorite."

"Fried rice?"

"Yes please."

"Alright then I will finally let you change your clothes and I will see you Saturday."

"You will."

"I'll text you later."

"I'll be waiting."

"I love you, babe."

"I love you, too."

"Bye, babe."

"Bye."

The doorbell rang through my apartment at 6:30. It was our Chinese food that Regina and I were having for dinner. Roland was already here eating his happy meal in front of a movie while I set up our food on my dining room table which has a clear shot of the living room. I also put a candle in between our plates to make it look somewhat romantic. The doorbell rang again so I ran up to the door. I opened it and Regina was standing there adorable as ever in her Nike shorts, Ralph Lauren t-shirt, and flip flops.

"Hey." She says smiling.

"Hey." I say holding out my hand. She takes it and she walks in as I close the door behind her. "You look cute."

"Thank you." She stands on her tiptoes and kisses my lips.

"Roland your surprise is here." I yell through the apartment. I hear his feet and he smiles.

"Regina!" He yells and takes off running. Regina catches him and lifts him up to hug him.

"Hey buddy. How are you?" She asks placing him on her hip.

"I'm good. Are you staying to play with me?" He asks smiling.

"I am. We can play whatever you want." She says walking into the living room.

"After Regina and I eat. And you because you haven't finished your dinner yet." I say pointing to his food.

"Okay." He says wiggling out from Regina's arms.

"Dinner is ready for us too." I say leading her to the table.

"Awe look how cute." She says placing her purse on the back of her chair.

"Had to make it somewhat romantic." I say pulling out her chair. "What would you like to drink?"

"Thank you. And I'll take a bottle of water please." She says starting to spoon the food out on each of our plates.

I grab us both a bottle of water and head back to the table. "Here you go." I say placing her bottle by her plate.

"I see you got pork too." She says smirking.

"You know the pork is my favorite." I say chuckling. She nodded and we began eating.

"Uncle Robin?"

"Yeah bud?" I ask looking at him.

"Can I come sit with you and Regina?" He asks.

"Sure, come sit on my lap." Regina says waving him over. He smiles and walks up to Regina. She lifts him up and places him on her lap.

"What are you eating?" He asks.

"Well, this is chicken and this is pork and this is fried rice." Regina says point to the food on her plate.

"What's that red stuff?" He asks.

"Sweet and sour sauce." She says taking a bite of chicken.

"I had chicken nuggets from McDonald's." Roland says smiling.

"Did you eat them all?" Regina asks.

"Yes, I did." He says nodding.

"Very good. Did you think about what we are going to play after we eat?" She asks. "Cause if not I can teach you how to play a card game."

"Oh, let's do that." He says smiling.

"Well you go finish your movie while we eat and then we will play." Regina says smiling.

"Okay." He says sliding off her lap and running back to the sofa.

            About 20 minutes later, Roland was back on Regina's lap and she was dealing out the cards.

            "Okay, Roland we are going to be a team." She says smiling.

            "Okay, how many cards do we get?" He asks picking up the ones she dealt already.

            "We each get 7. So, Uncle Robin will get 7 and we get 7." She says place the deck flat on the table and flipping one card over.

            "That is the discard pile, but if we can use that card, we can pick it up." She says fixing the cards in Roland's hand. "Babe, you go first."

            I nodded and there was a 10 of diamonds face up, but I didn't need it so I picked from the deck. I picked up an ace of spades. Which would help me a little. I have a Jack of diamond, two 7's, two 5's, a 3 and now two Ace's. I decided to get rid of the jack because I really didn't have use for it. "Alright, Ro you're turn."

            "Regina, those cards match these." He says pointing to the cards in his hand.

            "Exactly, you are catching on already." She says smiling. "So, we can pick up both of those cards and use them for our points. "

            She picks up both the jack and the ten that were on the board while Roland placed a king and a queen on the board. "Dang, 40 points already." I say chuckling.

            "That's a lot!" Roland says excitedly.

            "It is and now we have to discard a card that we don't need." She says concentrating on Roland's hand. "Put down that one."

            Roland nods and places down a king of clubs. I don't need that either so I pick a card from the deck again. I picked of the 9 of diamonds and smiled because I can play this card off of theirs. I discarded a 3 and Roland excitedly picked up a card from the deck. He looked up at Regina and she pointed to a card which he then discarded. It was my turn again so I picked up from the deck and it was another useless card so I just discarded it. Roland picked up a card from the deck and cheered from Regina's lap.

            "Yep, you can put those down." She says smiling.

            Roland then placed down three jack's bringing them up to 70 points and one card left after discarding a 4. I finally picked up a third 7 and could place them down. I now have 20 points in front of me and discarded a 5. Roland quickly picked up a card and he went to discard that same card, but Regina stopped.

            "Wait, we can use that." She says smiling. She leans down and whispers in his ear and he nods his head excitedly while placing the other card in his hand down. "Your turn babe."

            I pick a card from the stack and immediately discard because it was useless to me. Regina reached to the board and picked up every card but one. She then helped Roland place down a 3, 4, and 5 of clubs and she discarded a 6.

            "I need to catch up." I say pulling a card from the stack. I picked up another 7, so I placed it on my board with the other three sevens then discarded a 5. Roland then picked up a card and Regina told him just to put it down. I picked up from the deck and picked up a 6 of clubs and placed it down to play off of the 3, 4, and 5 of clubs on their side. Now I only had two aces in my hand so I had to get rid of one of them. I placed down the ace of clubs and Roland quickly picked up a card from the stack. Regina shook her head and he discarded it. After another 5 minutes, Roland ended up running out of cards.

            "We won!"

            "Hold on." Regina says. "We have to count up our points."

            "Y'all definitely won because I only have 25 points." I say chuckling.

            "Yes, we won with 110 points." Regina says smiling.

            I roll my eyes as Roland asks to play again.

After playing Rummy for about an hour, Roland began to yawn.

"How about the three of us go sit on the couch and enjoy a movie." I say picking up the cards.

"Can we watch the movie with the yellow things?" Roland asks.

"The minions?" I ask chuckling.

"Yeah the minions." He says nodding.

"Of course." I say smiling. "You and Regina go sit on the sofa and I will put the movie in."

Regina smiles and picks Roland up carrying him to the sofa. I go to my DVD shelf and I pull out Despicable Me. I place it in the DVD player and turn around to see Regina and Roland snuggled up under a blanket. Regina was sitting in the middle of the sofa with Roland snuggled against her chest with her arm around him pulling him close.

"Is there room for me?" I ask laughing.

"Plenty of room." Regina says smiling. "Right next to me." She says rubbing her hand across the empty spot next to her.

I chuckle and sit next to her wrapping my arm around her shoulders. I started the movie and Regina pulled the blanket over all three of us. Roland didn't last 20 minutes into the movie. He fell asleep at like 9:15. Regina then fell asleep closer to the end of the movie. There was about 10 minutes left when there was a knock on the door at about 10:15. I woke Regina up and then went to answer the door.

"Hey, how was he?" Marian asks after I open the door.

"He was perfect." I say letting her in. "He fell asleep over an hour ago so he should stay asleep."

"Perfect cause now he won't fight sleep." She says walking to the living room.

"Hey Regina." Marian says smiling.

"Hey." She says sleepily.

"You fell asleep too?" She asks.

"I did." Regina confirms.

"Well, let me get him so you two can get to sleep." Marian says picking Roland up in her arms. "Goodnight, Regina."

"Goodnight." She says smiling.

I walk Marian to the door with a sleeping Roland. "Tell Neil I said goodnight."

"I will. Goodnight Robin."

"Goodnight." I say closing the door and locking it.

I walk back to the living room and Regina is laying across the sofa with her eyes closed again. I kneel down next to the sofa. "Regina."

"Hmmm."

"We can go in my bed. You don't have to sleep on my sofa." I say rubbing her cheek.

"I don't wanna move." She mumbles.

"Okay." I say chuckling. I turn off the TV and shut off the kitchen light. I come back to the sofa and I lift her into my arms.

"What are you doing?"

"Carrying you to my room so you can sleep comfortably in my bed." I say placing her down on her side of my bed.

"You want a t-shirt to sleep in?" I ask quietly.

"Sure."

I grab her a t-shirt and put it on the bed where she can reach it. "It's on the bed when you're ready. I'm going change." She nods and I head into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and change into pajama pants. I walk back into my room and her shorts, shirt and bra are folded neatly on the nightstand and she is covered up to her neck with covers facing my side of the bed. I smile and crawl into bed. I lay on my back, but I turn my head to watch her sleep. After a few minutes, she reaches out for my arm pulling on it.

"Come closer. It's freezing." She says sleepily. I smile and scoot next to her wrapping my arm around her back. She snuggles into my chest and sighs contently. "I love sleeping here." She says rubbing my chest.

"I love when you sleep here too." I say kissing her forehead. "What's your favorite thing about sleeping here?"

"Besides you, the smell. It isn't your typical guy apartment. It smells like your cologne and kinda like this forest scent. It's so homey. I love it." She says kissing my chest. "I also love that you don't sleep with a shirt on, but that's just me appreciating my sexy boyfriend."

"I'm glad you enjoy sleeping here. I'm glad you enjoy me shirtless too." I say chuckling. "I appreciate the way you sleep too."

"And why is that?" She asks looking up at me.

"You want me to be completely honest?" I ask smiling.

"Always." She says smiling.

"I love your legs." She looks surprised by my answer. "I love that when you sleep here, whether you are just in your sexy underwear or my boxers, your legs are always cold and you put one of your legs on top of mine. I love when you do that. I guess cause my legs are always so warm and the difference when you put your cold leg on top of mine it gives me chills but it makes me cuddle closer to make sure you stay warm."

"Not what I was expecting but I'm glad I always shave my legs when I sleep next to you." She says chuckling.

"That does not even bother me babe." I say smiling. "Mmmm, I like when you do that too." I say as she rubs her leg up mine.

"I do that because I'm cold and you're warm." She says chuckling. "And because of the noise you make."

"Knew it." I say smirking.

She chuckles and sighs contently. "Sorry I fell asleep on you."

"That's alright babe. You can hang out here tomorrow if you want too." I say hugging her. "I like sleepy Regina."

"And why is that?" She asks giggling.

"Because you have a sleepy voice that is quite adorable and we always talk sleepily until you fall asleep." I say yawning. "Plus, I like talking to you."

"I like talking to you too." She turns her head and place her chin on my chest looking at me. "I just felt bad cause you didn't get dessert."

"This can be dessert too. Plus, I can have dessert whenever." I say shrugging.

She chuckles and lays her head flat hugging me as best she can. "I love you."

"I love you more." I say tapping her cheek. She looks back up at me and I lean down kissing her lips. "One more." I say once we pull away. She smiles and kisses me again.

"Warning you now. I'm very sleepy so I might fall asleep very soon." She says laying her head back down.

"Well then let's go to sleep." I say pulling the sheet and blanket back over her. "Goodnight beautiful."

"Goodnight handsome." She says kissing my chest.

I felt a loss of warmth at one point during the night and I turned to reach for Regina, but she wasn't there. I sit up and call out for her, but there was no answer. I look on the nightstand and her clothes are still there so she is obviously somewhere in my apartment. I get up and head into the living room. She was standing by the window just staring into the night.

"Regina." I say softly.

She turns around and smiles. "Hey. You could have stayed sleeping. I'm sorry if I woke you."

"No, you didn't." I saying yawning. "I just reached for you and you weren't there. Everything okay?" I ask walking up next to her.

"Yeah, I just woke up. Don't know why so I just came got some water and then came to look at the stars." She says turning back to the window.

"Okay." I say kissing her cheek.

"Go back to bed. I'll be there in a minute." She says leaning over and kissing my lips.

I smile and leave her staring at the stars in the living room. I crawled back into bed and turned away from the door getting comfortable. I hadn't gotten back to sleep yet when she came back to bed. She made no hesitation to scoot up against me and spoon me. It was quite adorable how small she felt as the big spoon. Her arm came around my waist and that is where we fell asleep again.

When I woke up, the sun was streaming through my window in my room. Regina was still spooned behind me. I went to extract myself to go make us breakfast, but she tightened her hold on me.

"Where you going?" She asks sleepily.

"I was going to go make you breakfast." I say putting my hand on top of hers.

"S'okay. You can stay here." She slurs sleepily.

"You don't want breakfast?" I ask chuckling.

"Yes, but I want you to stay here cause you're warm." She says throwing her leg over mine.

"I can be warm when I come back with your waffles." I say smiling.

"Hmm I like waffles." She says softly.

"Okay then waffles it is." I say going to get up. I start to lean up on my elbow and her other hand wraps around my chest while her leg grips me tighter. "Babe."

"No." She whines.

I chuckle and her leg moves up to hook over my hip. I got an idea and I stand up with her holding on. She squeals and then laughs. Her other leg quickly comes to wrap around my other hip and she scoots herself up my body. "Ready?"

"Since you pulled me up out of the warmth, yes I'm ready." She says burying her head in my neck.

I walk us into the kitchen and I place her on the counter. "I hope you're okay with Eggos." I say chuckling and turning around. She looks absolutely adorable when she wakes up. Her sleep roused hair and her tired smile could not be more adorable. "You look beautiful." I say leaning in and kissing her lips. She smiles into it and pulls me in between her legs wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Yes, eggos are fine. As long as they have butter and syrup on them." She kisses me one more time and pulls away.

"Coming right up." I say smiling.

I pulled out the toaster and went to the freezer pulling out 4 waffles. I place them in the toaster and push them down. I got the butter out of the fridge then went into the pantry to grab the syrup. I walk back to the toaster placing them next to it. I then grab two forks and a butter knife just in time for them to pop up out of the toaster.

"Does this look good for you?" I ask showing her the light brown waffles. She nods and I grab two paper plates placing them on there. I prepare the waffles with butter then put syrup. "Enough syrup?" I say showing her the plate.

"Can you put a little on the side?" She asks. I squeeze a little and she nods.

"Alright." I say walking to her and helping her off the counter. "You take these two plates into the bedroom and I will get us some drink. Is orange juice okay?"

"Yep." She says smiling and heading into my bedroom.

I grab two glasses and fill them up a little over halfway then head into my bedroom.

"Babe, you could have started eating." I say placing her orange juice on her nightstand and walking to my side of the bed.

"That's okay. I was waiting for you so we could eat together." She says handing me my plate.

"Thank you. Now dig into your eggos." I say smiling.

"I will." She says taking her first bite.

We ate in silence for the most part. She was about to take her last couple bites when I broke the silence.

"Hey, I asked you last night if you wanted to hangout today, but we got sidetracked." I say chuckling.

She nods with a smile around a mouthful of food. "Sorry." She says swallowing. "Of course. We can do whatever you want."

"Well, I didn't really have anything planned. I just want to spend time with you." I say shrugging.

"Okay." She says taking another bite. "I would totally love to lay back down after I finish eating. I guess I'm still a little sleepy."

"That's fine." I say as she takes her last bite.

"Thank you." She says handing me her plate as I reach for it.

"You're welcome. Would you like some more orange juice?" I ask grabbing my empty glass.

"No, I'm okay I still have half a glass. Thank you, sweetheart." She says smiling.

"You're very welcome." I say heading to the kitchen. I throw our plates away and put my empty glass and the utensils in the sink. I head back into the room and she is sitting against the headboard with the sheet and blanket over her legs. "Babe, why don't you lay down."

"I'm waiting for you. Unless you aren't coming lay down." She says with a slight pout.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Get comfortable." I say smiling. I head to bathroom and do my business then walk back out into the room.

"Did you wash your hands?" She asks chuckling.

"I did." I say laughing. "Are you laying on my pillow?" I say scooting in next to her.

"Yes, because it smells like you." She says snuggling into it.

I lean up on my elbow next to her and rub my hand up and down her side. "Hey, you okay?" I ask softly.

"Yeah, guess I'm just sleepy." She says rubbing her hand across my chest.

"You sure? You're normally more bubbly even when you're tired." I say moving hair behind her ear. She just shrugs. I place a kiss on her forehead and she didn't have a fever so I wouldn't think she was sick.

"I don't have a fever." She says smiling slightly. "And no, I am not sick."

"Well, good to know." I say chuckling.

"It's nothing really." She says sighing.

"You know you can tell me anything." I say softly.

"I just feel like you are going to judge me." She says opening her eyes.

"Why am I going to judge you?" I say wrapping my arm around her. "I'm not going to judge you no matter what because that's not me. You're my girl and I just want to be there for you. You can tell me and I won't judge you, but if you don't want too, that's fine too." She smiles and leans up a little kissing my lips. She lays back down and closes her eyes.

"My period is about to start." She says after few seconds of silence. "I just have cramps and I'm a little nauseas and tired, but I'll be fine."

"Well, can I get you anything?" I ask rubbing her back. "Do you want some medicine?"

"No, I'll be alright." She says softly.

"Babe, I don't want you miserable." I say rubbing her cheek.

"Robin, I'm fine." She says smiling and looking up at me.

"No, because that smile does not reach your eyes and you don't feel well." I say bopping her nose. Then I got an idea. "I have a proposition for you."

"What?" She asks giving me her full attention.

"How about you stay here for a few days." I say smiling. "That way if your period gives you problems like it is now you can come snuggle up to me and I can like rub your back or play with your hair. Whatever you want. Plus, when you get home from work, you come home to me and I can make you dinner and stuff."

"You really don't have to do that." She says. "It's very sweet but I'm capable of handling my period symptoms." She says chuckling.

"I never said you weren't capable." I say chuckling. "Let's be real. I cannot help with your symptoms, but I can get you medicine and water and make you dinner and just be here for you as a pillow if you want. I'll even go to your house and pick up clothes for you and bring them here to you while you nap."

She looks at me kinda hesitantly. "You'll really play with my hair?" She asks.

"If you want me to play with your hair, I will gladly run my fingers through it." I say smiling.

"Okay." She says smiling.

"Yay." I say smiling. "Okay so it is about 10 o'clock. I was going to cook for you for lunch is there anything in particular. Do you have a craving for anything? Isn't that like a symptom." I say chuckling.

"Yes, it is." She says laughing. "But no, I do not have a craving for anything except chocolate. Typical I know." She says as I raise an eyebrow at her.

"I think that's cute." I say kissing her nose. "Can I show you something?"

"Sure." She says nodding.

"Stand up." I say scooting out of bed. She scoots out of the bed and I meet her at the foot grabbing her hand. I pull her to my dresser and have her stand in front of it. "Open the second drawer."

"Robin, this is your t-shirt drawer." She says reaching for the knob. She pulls it open and it's empty. "Where are your shirts?"

"In with my pajama pants." I say wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Why?" She asks looking at me.

"Well, I figured you would want to be comfortable when you're here and if you shower or sleep her you would need clothes so I cleared this out for you." I say smiling. "I know it's really cheesy." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

She shakes her head. "No, Robin. It is really sweet." She says smiling. She places her hands on my chest and kisses my lips. "Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome." I say happily. "I really thought you were gonna laugh at me."

"No, I love that you want me to be comfortable here. You have half of a drawer at my house you don't know about." She says laughing.

"I always want you to be comfortable and I discovered that drawer like a week and half ago." I say smiling.

"You sneak." She says wrapping me in a hug. "Thank you for not judging me."

"Always." I say smiling. "So, I'm going to get you everything you need for my apartment. Are you okay with me going to your house?"

"Yeah." She says nodding. "I need you to get me work clothes though. So, I'll type up a list on your phone." She says walking back to the bed. She climbs in and lays down reaching for my phone.

"Babe, is it weird if I ask you what you use for your time of the month?" I ask hesitantly.

"Sorta, but I think you'll have to deal with it eventually. I mean if we continue to date and we get more serious, I'm sure one day it would have come up." She says smiling. "I do wear tampons, but also pads if I'm feeling lazy."

"So, like what kind so I can buy the right ones." I say putting clothes on.

"Oh, babe don't worry about that. You can just grab some from my house." She says yawning.

"Well, I want you to have some here just in case. I'm not embarrassed to buy tampons." I say getting shoes.

"Okay." She says putting my phone down. She yawns again and snuggles down into the blankets. "They are in the cabinet above the toilet just take a picture of the boxes."

"Got it." I say nodding. "Alright, I am going to get everything from your house then go to the store to pick up some stuff for lunch. Let me know if you need or want anything in particular."

"Thank you for doing this." She says smiling. "I haven't felt this bad in a long time. I wrote down all the clothes I need for work too. There is a list. If you can't find anything just call me." She says closing her eyes.

"Then I will be back soon beautiful." I say smiling. I lean down and kiss her cheek. "What medicine helps with your cramps?" I ask softly.

"Aleve." She says smiling slightly. "I love you babe."

"I love you too. Dream of me." I whisper then kiss her forehead.

"Hmm always."

After grabbing everything from her house, I headed to the store. I think I found the stuff she needed, but I wanted to make sure before I bought them so I facetimed her. It rang three or four times before she picked up.

"Hello." She says sleepily.

"Hey, sorry if I woke you up." I say smiling at her.

"That's okay. What's up?" She asks.

"I wanna make sure I'm getting the right ones." I say turning the camera. "Are these them?"

I see her concentrate on all the boxes and she nods. "Yeah those are right."

"Okay, then I will let you get back to sleep and I'm going grab some food for lunch." I say smiling. "Sleep tight."

"Thank you." She says smiling. "I love you."

"Love you too, babe." I say smiling as she hung up.

Now I was on a mission. She not so subtly put a list of foods she craves on my phone so I was going to get what she wanted plus a little something extra. She wanted Funyuns and a drink called Arnold Palmer. The chips were easy to find, the drink was not but I did eventually find it after I googled what it looked like. I think I was going to make macaroni and cheese with Thai chili grilled chicken and green beans. I thought that would be a yummy lunch for us. So, I grabbed everything I needed for that along with a few extra things then headed to checkout. By the time I got home, I had been gone for almost two hours. I unloaded the groceries first before going grab her bag and clothes. I bring them to my room and she is curled up under the blankets still sleeping. So, I didn't disturb her. I then went to get her medicine to put by the bed so she could take it when she woke up. I grab her chips, a Tumbler cup with Arnold Palmer in it, and the Aleve. I walk to the room and place them on the nightstand. Now it was time to marinate the chicken.

After marinating the chicken, I heard footsteps while I was washing my hands. I turn my head and see Regina placing her bag of chips and cup on the island. I dry my hands and smile at her.

"Hey, babe. How was your nap?" I ask. She doesn't say anything. She walks up to me and grabs my shirt pulling me to her lips. She immediately asked for entrance and who was I to deny her. Her hand went into my hair and her other wrapped around my back. I wrap my arms around her back. I was concerned for a second because she looked mad when she came out from my room. After a few minutes, she smiles into the kiss. She was the one to slow it down and then she pulled away. "So, yes the nap was good?" I ask rubbing my forehead. She chuckles and smiles so bright.

"Yes, the nap was good. Now I need to thank you for the chips and the drink. After I yell at you for being too perfect." She says crossing her arms.

"Yell away but I'm not gonna stop." I say picking her up and putting her on top of the island.

"You spoil me." She says sighing.

"Yep, I love it." I say smiling.

"Do I spoil you?" She asks.

"You do way more than spoil me." I say smiling.

"How?" She asks curiously.

"Well, you invited me on that trip for work. We had so much fun that weekend. You didn't have to do that but you did." I say happily.

"That's like one thing." She says rolling her eyes.

"Okay, what about when you make me dinner at your house." I say grabbing her hands. "I love when you make dinner because it's always so good. I also love when you come to the bar and you smile at me every time you see me looking at you. And if you keep kissing me like that, I don't need anything else." She laughs as I place my lips on hers. "I love you."

"Love you too." She says against my lips.

"Love your kisses." I say smiling against her lips.

She chuckles and pulls away. "I like that I can kiss you anytime I want, too."

"Ooh me too." I say nodding. "I'm gonna be honest with you. I think the only reason I spoil you is because I like having someone to spoil. You are also really easy to spoil." I say chuckling.

"You know you always say you haven't had someone to spoil. What was your last girlfriend like?" She asks.

"I spoiled her too, but I was just getting started on my bar when we were dating so I was a little more money conscious while dating her. That was my last serious girlfriend." I say hopping up on the counter next to her. "She always wanted to go out to eat too. Drove me crazy, honestly."

"You never cooked for her?" She asks reaching for my hand.

I shook my head and intertwined our fingers. "She didn't like home cooked meals."

"She's crazy." Regina says looking at me.

"Yeah, I know." I say chuckling. "I felt terrible sometimes about lying, but it was difficult to just tell her no I can't take you out to eat. I need to save money."

"What was her name?" She asks curiously.

"Lauren. She was beautiful. Dirty blonde hair, blue eyes. We dated for almost two years. I always thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on, then I met you." I say smiling at her.

"You're such a charmer." She says smiling. "But thank you for the compliment."

"Always." I say smiling. I hop off the counter and go back to tending to the chicken. "Do you mind if I ask you about the last boyfriend you had?"

"Nope not at all. Ask away." She says hopping off the island and coming to stand next to me.

"How long ago?" I ask curiously.

"His name was Graham. We broke up about three years ago I think." She says hopping up on the counter.

"What happened?"

"Well, he was a cop and sometimes he would work night shifts so more often than not we would have lunch dates. We saw each other almost every day though. He was very supportive of my job and I was supportive of his. We were pretty much mutual, but he began working a lot more. We kinda just grew apart really. It just wasn't meant to be between us and it was a mutual breakup."

"Not as bad as my spoiled ex." I say chuckling.

"Graham really didn't spoil me. We occasionally went out to dinner, but we were always at his house. Apparently, he didn't like mine. That may not be true, but it seemed like it." She says chuckling.

"I like your house." I say smiling.

"He liked the bed I had at my house. Always said we had the best sex at my house." She says chuckling.

"I did not need to know that." I say chuckling.

"Well Robin you had to know I wasn't a virgin when I met you." She says laughing.

"I know that's not what I meant, I just didn't need to know that sex was so great with your ex." I say shrugging.

"Sex was good with Graham, but sex with the man I love is 1000 times better. We are so connected when we are together." She says pulling my chin so I would look at her. "Graham is long gone babe. Don't worry I love you way more than I ever loved Graham."

"I know. I asked." I say chuckling. "I thought I was pretty great in bed."

"You are way better than great." She says winking.

I chuckle and go back to putting the meat on the pan. We were silent for a few minutes while I went to the stove to start cooking the meat.

"I know I shouldn't be asking this after already been dating you over a month but you turn 31 in February correct?"

"I do." She confirms.

"Damn. I was already thinking about throwing you a birthday party. I was thinking to myself okay it'll be her 30th maybe I can surprise her but then I had this random revelation and I was like no wait she's already 30." I say shrugging.

She laughs. "Yes, I'm already 30. I had party but it wasn't a surprise. The thought was really sweet though."

"I guess I'll just have to plan something else." I say chuckling.

"Whatever you plan, I'm sure I'll love it." She says smiling. "I don't like that your birthday isn't until June. Have to wait a while for that."

"Yep. June 3." I say nodding. "I'll be 33."

"Older than me." She says smiling.

"Yes, I'm older than you." I say laughing.

"Graham was older than me too. But by a lot." She says shrugging. "Daddy didn't like that he was so much older than me." 

"Well, by how much?"

"I was 26 when we started dating and he was 35."

"Oh wow." I say looking at her.

"Yeah, but he was very sweet and didn't seem to mind that I was almost 10 years younger than him." She says shrugging.

"No offense. I'm glad you broke up with him." I say smiling.

"And why is that?" She asks smirking.

"Cause I kinda like you." I say shrugging.

"Kinda?" She asks curiously.

I smile and turn the fire down on the chicken. I walk and stand in front of her. "Actually, I love you."

"I love you too." She says happily.

"Wanna cook the green beans?" I ask smiling.

"Yeah." She says smiling. I grab her hips and help her off the counter. I go back to the chicken and start on the Mac and cheese while she makes the green beans.

After our lunch, she pushed me out of my kitchen so she could clean. I told her just to put everything in the dishwasher and I would turn it on later. So that's what she did while I sat in my recliner in the living room. It was a good 10 minutes before she came into the living room. I left the sofa for her because I figured she would want to lay down, but nope. I left her the entire sofa, but she came and sat between my legs in the recliner. I wrap my arms around her waist and she leaned her head back against my shoulder. I lifted one of my hands into her hair and started rubbing her scalp.

"You are my favorite." She says softly.

"Hey I told you I would do whatever you wanted me to do. Including playing with your hair." I say kissing her forehead. After about 10 minutes, I was still playing with her, but I broke the silence. "Would you like to watch a movie?" I ask quietly.

"If that involves you moving from this spot then no, I don't want to watch a movie." She says sighing contently.
"I can put Netlix on so I don't have to move." I say chuckling.

"Put Friends on." She says adjusting herself so she is sitting between my legs and looking at the tv.

"Yes, maam." I say pulling up Netflix on my smart tv.

"I did not know you had such a fancy television." She says chuckling.

"Yep, expensive as hell, but I like it." I say smiling. I click on Friends and we are on the couple last episodes of season 2. She seems to be sleepy so she will probably fall asleep on me, but I guess we can nap together. She fell asleep in the middle of the second episode we watched and I'm not sure when I fell asleep. All I know is that it was dark outside when I woke up. I check my phone but it was only about 4:30. Then I realized it was about to pour down raining outside. It was another few minutes before Regina woke up and only because the thunder startled her.

"Is it raining?" She asks sleepily.

"Not yet, but it's about too." I say yawning.

"I'm going use the bathroom." She says stretching a little then standing up and heading into my room.

While she was in the bathroom, I heading into the kitchen to get some water. I also looked in my freezer to see if I had anything I could cook for dinner. I was digging through some frozen meat when I heard the shower turn on. I found it odd so I went to see if she was alright.

"Babe." I say knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" She calls back.

I open the door and peak in. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just my time of the month." She says poking her head out of the shower.

"Oh okay. I just didn't realize you were going take a shower." I say smiling.

"Well, I wasn't, but I must have started in my sleep and I just needed to shower." She says shrugging. "I'll be out in a second. I'm not washing my hair or anything."

"Okay no problem. Do you feel like anything in particular for dinner?" I ask curiously.

"Nope, anything you want is fine with me." She says smiling and closing the curtain again.

"How does chicken parm sound?" I ask.

"So good." She says poking her head out again and smiling.

"I have to run to the store cause I have everything, but the marinara sauce. So, I'll be back in a bit." I say going to close the door.

"Wait babe!" She yells.

What?" I ask opening the door to poke my head in.

"Gimmie a second to get out and get dressed and I'll come with you." She says from behind the curtain.

"You sure? It is raining." I say.

"Yeah, give me like 5 minutes to dry off and get dressed and I'll come." She says turning off the shower.

"Okay, I'll wait for you." I say closing the door and going sit on my bed. She comes out of the bathroom a few minutes later and like to kill me. "Babe." I whine and fall back on the bed. She walked out of the bathroom shirtless.

"I'm sorry." She says chuckling and walking to my dresser and opening her drawer. "I didn't have a bra with me in the bathroom."

"You know how much of a breast man I am." I say whining.

"I know." She says chuckling and climbing on top of me.

I open my eyes and she still doesn't have a shirt on. I smirk and she chuckles. "You are my favorite." I say placing my hands on her waist.

"I know and you are my favorite." She says leaning down and kissing my lips.

I smile into the kiss and wrap her in a hug pulling her tightly to my chest. She chuckles and pulls away.

"Let me get dressed so we can go." She says sitting up and putting on her bra then her shirt. "Let's go."  She says smiling.

Our grocery store trip was just a quick trip to the Dollar General about 5 minutes from my apartment. So, we weren't gone long and I was quickly back at the house making us chicken parm for dinner. I told her she did not have to watch me cook, but she sat in the kitchen the whole time to keep me company. Dinner was delicious which she told me a billion times while we ate. Our night ended with us snuggled on my couch watching a movie. That is now my favorite way to end any day.

Authors Note: I said I would update this like a week ago and I didn't because life happens and it got crazy for me. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm posting one more new one tonight too to make up for the fact that this one was really late!