Request - Deputy Jordan Parrish "Love Never Dies"

You checked the note in your hand one more time.

This was it. This was Beacon Hills. This was the little bar where Jordan and you would finally meet again after all those years.

You had to admit that you were a little nervous.

Of course, you had loved Jordan a lot and had even thought about marrying, but then he had left to join the army and you had started your own life. You had not thought that he was still thinking about you, until his friend request on Facebook had showed up.

And here you were, ready to meet the guy you had once loved so much that you had planned out a whole future with him.

"(Y/N)?"

You looked up when you heard your name and for a moment you held your breath.

Jordan had not changed at all in a way. And in another way he had changed a lot. He was wearing a uniform now, his arms had grown three sizes and it seemed as if his hair was darker too.

"Jordan?" You actually didn't need to ask it, but you did it anyway, just to be sure.

"You look wonderful!" Without thinking about it, Jordan placed his hands on your shoulders and he pressed a soft kiss on your cheek.

Right before you were graduating you and him had been inseparable. He had held your hand, kissed your forehead and your lips.

All those years since then had clearly not erased the memories of the feelings that had once been there.

"Can I get you something to eat?" Jordan pointed at the open door of the bar and you nodded.

You had spent a few hours in a car and it would be strange to say that you weren't hungry. But to be honest, you really weren't.

Your stomach was too full with revived butterflies.

"You've found yourself a pretty little town to live in." You picked a table in the corner and Jordan smiled while playing with the menu. "How did you end up here?" You cocked your head.

"I lost my friends in Afghanistan..." Jordan took a deep breath and automatically your hand grabbed his. "I needed a change and there was a free spot here." He looked up at you again and it was as if the sad memory faded away. "And that free spot was luckily also somewhere near you."

If you could call a couple of hours driving near, that was.

"It's strange how it can feel like it was yesterday..." You thought out loud and you felt how Jordan turned his hand around to squeeze yours.

"If it's up to me, we can pick up where we left."

Your cheeks heated up and you felt a strange kind of happiness spreading itself through your body. "I think I would like that too."

Under the table his foot reached out for your knee and you smiled, remembering how he had always played that game during the boring school parties.

Picking up where you had left seemed so easy. You really hoped it would work out. Because deep down, you had never really let go of that planned future with him.