Request - Drabble Elijah Mikaelson

The smile on his face disappeared and he frowned his forehead.

It was a pity that you didn't have vampire hearing and couldn't hear what was being said.

It wasn't too hard to guess that whoever Elijah was calling with was not bringing him good news.

"Everything alright?" As soon as Elijah hung up, you placed your hand on his arm. You knew that he wasn't alright. He was far from alright. You had seen that look way too often before and you already feared what would be coming.

"My brother has been threatened by the supernatural community of New Orleans." Elijah spoke with his low and serious voice.

"Don't go there, Elijah." You shook your head and you whispered.

Last time Elijah had tried to help his brother out he had almost died. Although he seemed to have forgotten about that, you had not. "I do not let my brother suffer at the hands of anyone we can easily defeat." He grabbed his jacket and you shook your head.

"You said you wouldn't visit him again. You said you wouldn't die for him again." You felt the tears burning in your eyes. You knew that Elijah loved you, he loved you more than he could put into words. But you also knew that if you asked him to pick, he would never pick you.

"I have sworn my family to stand with them, always and forever. I will not break my promise to them." He opened the front door and you took a deep breath.

"If you walk out of that door to help your family once again, you don't have to come back. I can't live like that. I don't want to live like that."

Elijah didn't answer, but he didn't stop walking either. "I will love you until my very last breath." He spoke softly and then he closed the door.

You held yourself together for a couple more minutes, long enough to be sure that he wouldn't hear you breaking down, that he wouldn't hear you crying, that he wouldn't know that he had broken your heart.